• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine and tranny conversions in a 5 ton

Bidslinger

1st off I hope nobody minds but I will be asking alot of questions about the 5 tons involving power ,conversions, modifying etc. So here goes

I use 1 of my trucks on a daily basis and as I have stated it will be getting 52" tires eventually I hope to be installing a 350hp cummins and a 15 spd double overdrive out of my wrecked Pete.

How well will this fit where the current multi and 5 spd currently reside?

Any other conversions that are simple and would help me to take advantage of the on/off road driveability?

the Cummings in the 500 series trucks may be a little long. the 800 series has a little longer nose to accommodate the longer engine. the transfer case will also need to be moved back to make enough room for the longer trans. the 350 with the turbo cross over tube will hit the hood if run over the top. if your going to notch the hood for the crossover tube ya might as well add Jake's to!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks