• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine bay pictures

jay741

could you guys that have m1008 post some pictures of the engine bay. i want to campare then to mine to see what i am missing. i already took the radiator out to have more room to work an the intake manifold is not bolted down. so far i know im missing the air cleaner box, batteries, starter an looks to be the tube where you would pour oil down. can any one see anything else thanks

Attachments

Armada

Some more, hope they help. Coolant heater optional........
Maybe you should try a compression check before putting a bunch of time and $$ into that motor?
I also see the glow plug relay is missing, a heater hose missing, a damaged pulley on #2 alternator, an injector return line sticking out, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

ralbelt

I have to agree, there is a lot missing, and chances are it was stripped because it has internal problems. If you get anything get a starter first so you can crank it over and get some compression readings.