• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine goes full throttle on startup.

Dixmotorpool

Haven't started my m35a2c for about 6 months.. started it up and it went full throttle.. or seemed like full throttle.... I pulled the engine stop as soon as I could.... this engine did this when I first bought it from G&L and went to bring it home from wright pat... I did something and fixed the problem... didn't happen again until now about 5 years.... can't remember what I did... seemed like I lubricated something.. when I pulled the engine stop... it would not reset itself either and I had to take the cover off and work it by hand.. this also happened before and I loosened it up somehow... I suspect the injector pump has dried out from not being used for so long... any suggestions on whats wrong or how I can lubricate the pump.?.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you post your problem before?

Dixmotorpool

OK, thanks, I followed some of the links, and yes I think that is what I did before ,, lubricated everything... and got lucky, now I know what I am trying to do.... will go try this.. when I get time today. thanks again.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Please post your fix, so others will see it when thay WIN there fight with search

RMAC

OK...I just experienced this problem (when I started the engine it went full throttle) except I had a little twist. The engine shut off wouldn't kill the engine...So I was under the hood trying to kill the engine and my son was busy plugging the air intake. We were able to shut it down...I took off the cover where the fuel shut off cable is at...and sure enough it was stuck (not sure away or towards the firewall). The can of carb cleaner freed the lever up. So I put it back together...Now I'm a little worried about attempting re-starting the engine...Does anyone know if this fix corrects both the starting at full throttle and fixing the fuel cutoff issue; or do I have another problem going on???

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK...I just experienced this problem (when I started the engine it went full throttle) except I had a little twist. The engine shut off wouldn't kill the engine...So I was under the hood trying to kill the engine and my son was busy plugging the air intake. We were able to shut it down...I took off the cover where the fuel shut off cable is at...and sure enough it was stuck (not sure away or towards the firewall). The can of carb cleaner freed the lever up. So I put it back together...Now I'm a little worried about attempting re-starting the engine...Does anyone know if this fix corrects both the starting at full throttle and fixing the fuel cutoff issue; or do I have another problem going on???
Sounds like you did have two issues going on - the stuck fuel control rod and the stuck shutoff cable. I am unclear as whether you fixed both; the shutoff seems to be working now, so I would give it a gander, with the son standing by at the air intake with a piece of 2x4 or 2x6 to be able to shut down for sure.