• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Hot light in M923A1

sd39u

So this weekend, went to start up my M923A1 and the engine hot light was glowing bright as soon as I flipped the switch. Truck hadn't been started in over 8 days. I think I read somewhere that the Engine Hot light was troublesome on the M923A1's and most were removed. For what it's worth...I had checked all the fluids prior to starting. Everything was right where it's supposed to be. Ambient temperature was about 80 degrees out.

I drove the truck back to the farm today...8 miles...and kept a real keen eye on that temp gauge. I heard the fan kick into high speed. Temp never got above 180.

Any thoughts?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be a short or bad anything in that circuit. Take a temp gun and go to town, don't trust the temp gauge. I had a JRTC truck with a deep fording kit on it and it would "over heat" when it warmed up.

dmetalmiki

You simply can not beat a capillary temperature gauge. What you see is what you have. First modification on any truck I obtain. (that and an capillary oil pressure gauge).

Csm Davis

So this weekend, went to start up my M923A1 and the engine hot light was glowing bright as soon as I flipped the switch. Truck hadn't been started in over 8 days. I think I read somewhere that the Engine Hot light was troublesome on the M923A1's and most were removed. For what it's worth...I had checked all the fluids prior to starting. Everything was right where it's supposed to be. Ambient temperature was about 80 degrees out.

I drove the truck back to the farm today...8 miles...and kept a real keen eye on that temp gauge. I heard the fan kick into high speed. Temp never got above 180.

Any thoughts?
They were all supposed to be removed but as with many things in the military it slipped by, just pull the bulb out.

sent from my decrepit fingers