• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine ID Location (or identifying features)

BruceB

In deference to all those folks who say, "SEARCH!", I've spent the last couple hours on "Search",trying to resolve these questions:

1. Where are the engine identification tags normally found? I've seen plenty of photos of the tags on engines, but I'm darned if I can find any such tags on my truck's engine. The rig is a '71 bobbed Deuce with whistler turbo.

2. In the absence of the ID tags, are there any identifying features that immediately tell us if the engine is an LDT or LDS? After following the 5-page thread on the differences between the engines, I'd really like to positively identify mine.

I'm a novice at this stuff, but already finding it fascinating to study these vehicles. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BruceB

Many thanks. That starter location is a very simple identifier, and it indicates that mine is an LDT.

There are no tags anywhere around the water pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks