• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine In

gbooth

A friend and I installed the Engine in the truck tonight glad that it is done. Now I will hook up all the lines and wires and hopefully have it running soon.

gbooth

Finally got all things hooked up Pored in the oil bleed the fuel lines checked for leaks fixed a Leakey petcock on one of the fuel filters turn on the master switch hit the starter button and hoped for the best. Cranked for 15 seconds waited the oil pressure build then stopped for 10 seconds Hit it again and after bought 10 seconds the motor started sputtering so I stopped again for 10 more seconds hit the starter the third time and the motor started up and ran on its own. Oil pressure built up 40-45 lbs sputtered a little then smoothed out and idled at 1000 rpm. Air was building and the Turbo has a real nice whistle. Will try and find time to get it out and drive it this weekend.

Pappa-G

The neat thing is all the "new" noises that you'll hear while you put your first 500 miles on the rebuild. It is truely a great thing turning a anchor into a runner, Good Job! [thumbzup] ~ Pappa-G

gbooth

RDD I said the same thing when I started this project, "This is going to take a long time" I started with complete truck with a junk motor luckily it came with a spare. The spare had the # 1 Injector missing but had yellow markings on the front motor mount that said GOOD KEEP I pulled down the spare motor cleaned out the oil pan pump and lines there was no water in the bottom pulled off the front head and the # 1 hole was rusted bad. Pulled the bad motor out of truck pop the head off and had like new pistons and liners. I rolled the spare motor over and the rusted liner and piston pushed out the top un did the rod and removed the set. Did the same on the bad motor and took piston, liner all as one piece and slid it in the # 1 on spare motor Re used the bearings as they showed no wear and miked out good. All I have been out so far is 135.00 dollars for a overhaul gasket set. Maybe that's not the right way to do it But I have a knack for making old parts work like new also the spare motor was like new on the inside Re sealed it and installed and PRESTO it worked and makes no bad noises. Don't give up keep at it and you will be rewarded with a truck that will be your best friend for a long time. I have 2 others vehicles and would not part with any of them.

Wyattearp

same deal with me also.. but rest assured it will happen and i might not drive it before winter but it will be running

rdixiemiller

Nothing wrong with saving good parts and re-using them. I have built one motor out of 2 or 3. Crank and brgs from one, block pistons and rods from another , heads from another. As long as you follow good mechanical practice, you will be OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks