• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Noise!!!

b4thundr

Well today my Dad and I took the pump off of the dive truck M1031, we are going to have it rebuilt. This trucks engine is one of the loudest out of the four trucks i have dealt with. It is just unbearable at hi-way speeds, plus it cant be good for the motor. I'm quiet certain that the advances are not working properly. The Farm service truck is now remarkably the quites one of all after a rebuilt. So we are going to try and back up this with another rebuild. I will keep you all posted on the findings.

K9Vic

Interesting, my M1009 is much louder then my other two CUCV trucks and my M1010 has a fresh rebuilt IP. I was thinking the same that it may be the IP that is starting to go, but no typical signs. I have an extra core, so I may just get it rebuilt and install it as the replacement is not that difficult.

Let us know if that improves the engine noise issues.

b4thundr

OMG, that was it!! soooooo much better!!! now you can hear yourself think while driving the truck down the road. i also advanced the pump to the driverside a little over an 1/8 of an inch.

b4thundr

So backing off the timing quits the engine, how is the performance after this adjustment?
OH man sorry didnt see you posted! Better!!! much better!!! with the 10% fuel increase and the timing advances working the way they should! OMG power and a much snapper engine! i didn't back off the timing i advanced it turning it to the drivers side advances the pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks