• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine oiling problems

Hello New to this site ,have finally purchased m35a2 ,writing from eastern Canada ,very difficult to get one in Canada. Anyway have a problem with mutifuel engine,lots of oil pressure 50 psi idling and 80 with throttle. Heard a squeaking noise in valve train took covers off and noticed rocker arm not oiling well,pulled rocker assemble apart ,everything looks clean and ok ,doesnt seem to be alot of oil pressure to top end of engine ,wondering if this is normal for this engine and if anybody has a so
lution.
Thanks Great site SS

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site!

This illustration may help. Watch your engine temp closely if you think you may have a lube problem.
The pressure regulator located on the block below the turbo may have to be checked. There are two spring loaded plungers within it and they need to move freely. Not a big job to check.

To get max resolution out of the image, right click and open link in a new window.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it just the front or rear section or all of the overhead? The top is oiled through passages at the front of the front block/head and the rear of the rear block/head. I have a manual somewhere that has oil flow...I can't find it, I just got done looking for it, figures, when you need something, you can't find it! IIRC, the overhead oil passages are through the #1 and #7 cam bushings.

That's the image! Thanks Bjorn.

Last edited:

dburt

Welcome to the site CBHighlander! You might have a bad sending unit for the oil pressure guage too. Cold idle on my truck is 60psi, hot idle is about 35psi. Going down the road at 50mph, tach at about 2,200rpm, it reads 60psi. Alot could depend on how many miles are on your engine, and how worn it is, that will affect pressure to some extent as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks