• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Stand

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Something I am working on, needs a bit more engineering, so, please put your slide rules away for the time being. I got tired of wrestling with these motors so I came up with this. I looked at the teardown manual, and the rebuild manual to get an idea of how to attach it to the stand, need one more attach point on each side to fully support the engine with the rotating assembly in place.

Attachments

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I see you kid likes Budweiser ( left his beer on the tricycle). Great idea on the stand!
The trike has a long and storied past here on SS, it is referred to as a shop tool! and as an unpaid endorser of Budweiser, I must include the product in pics when possible. . . . ;-)

bigboy44

Great job on the stand! Will you be able to run the motor when the stand is complete? It would be good to test the motor on the stand before the install.

zout

FMJ - looks great. Might want to knock around and consider having an additional horizontal brace on each
end out by your wheels - nothing dramatic - just some additional leg support - still looks good.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ - looks great. Might want to knock around and consider having an additional horizontal brace on each
end out by your wheels - nothing dramatic - just some additional leg support - still looks good.
Can you elaborate further?, I'm not sure where you are referring, down where the center square tube connects the 2 halves?

Thanks
Ed

bgekky3

It looks good Ed. How sturdy is it when it moves. I need to make something for when I rebuild the cummins and the dead LDT thats still in the truck I just drove up here.

trukhead

Brilliant! I have to do the same thing with a couple of HF engine stands to support a T-9 International 3 cylinder engine.[thumbzup]

charlietango

what I think Zout meant was use some stock to box in the ends, castor to castor. its possible the way it is, supported in the center only, to twist those welds and collapse. Remember, RIGID is always better. (thats what she said, seriously) Also couldn't hurt to add a random 2x4 wood bracing with that tricycle near by.

ANd didn't I see that Tricycle holding up the front end of a deuce before? I need to get one of those....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks