• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine surging

o1dakota440

ok all, i was on a nice little drive today and about 20 mins into it my duece starts surging. it didn't matter what gear or what rpm the engine just keeps surging. so i pulled over and let her cool down and shut her off. i let her set for about 15 mins, started her up and headed home. the surging went away untill i was about 1 mile from home. so where do it start? injector pump? filters? or any where else?

o1dakota440

oh and i should add that i was welding on the truck today and i did not unhook that batteries. i'm not sure what that could damage on a non computerized car except the batteries or generator. but if you have any ideas throw them out there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, it MIGHT have knocked out the intank pump fuse. If you have anyway for air to get in the fuel lines, it certainly would show itself if the pump was out, or bottom fell off. Turn on the power then go see if you can hear the intank pump running. If so, open the bleeder on the primary or if its easier, the secondary. If fuel doesn't pour out, the bottom might have fallen off the pump.

Haggar

Interesting, I had some surging last night as well, mine seemed fine up until about 2000-2100, then a little
funny at the top end...

wb1895

I had the same problem a few months ago. It started after I changed my fuel filters and did not make sure all of the air was out of the lines. check your in tank pump and then your filters. If they are fine make sure you dont have any air in the lines.

If you were welding make sure a piece of hot slag didnt put a small hole in a fuel line that is causing it to suck air.

Last edited: