• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Trouble

army_man15

Ok guys maybe you can help me with this one,
I was driving down the road in my deuce when a loud bang went off and now the engine (multifuel) sounds like its backfiring ALOT, I checked the timing and it's spot on, there was no "popping" out of the intake to indicate a blown head gasket, and it only does this under load, it won't do it just by reving up the engine. Could the injector pump be bad or could a valve seat have come loose or is there another thing that may has happened I cannot think of? My daily driver broke down so I was driving this truck around and now this has happened, I just can't win :cry:. If you guys could help me figure this problem out, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If needed I can post a video of the truck driving down underload, making the sound.

badgmc56

Hard to tell without hearing it but I would take an educated guess that you lost a cylinder or partially lost it. Possible bent pushrod or broken rocker arm. A look under the valve cover would not hurt. May even be a broken valve spring.

army_man15

I had already checked the valves, pushrods, valve adjustment, and rockers all seem to be working fine except No. 5 rocker doesn't seem to be oiling, like all the others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks