• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine vibrations

jdeoliveira74

So after I finished install of new Ip pump and valve cover gaskets. Truck starts up and runs perfect. Noticed the fan seemed to be hitting the fan shroud. No biggie wrong.... Today I start truck engine if running smooth but seems to have a really bad vibration. I figure the worst harmonic balancer, I check all engine mounts, transmission mounts ect. Nope so the clutch on the fan went and the shaft on the fan had moved about a quarter inch off center. Glad I caught it before if went into the radiator. Guess its just a reminder to check over your truck on the regular..
Speaking of does anybody have the part number for the transmission mount as the local parts counter has the wrong mount listed!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When asking for part numbers, it helps to tell us what kind of vehicle. We ( I ) don't remember things very well anymore.....lol

You can always get the GM part number from the tech manuals.

TM 9-2320-289-34P

Figure 71
Item 2 - GM 3705444 - NAPA BK 6021034
Item 4 - GM 14009321 - NAPA BK 6021035

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks