• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine will not turn over

roadrunner33

After being parked for about a month I got in the deuce to move it and the engine would not turn over. When I push the start button I hear a click and nothing happens. I need suggestions please.

Flyingvan911

Once you have the batteries and cables checked, be sure to crank it with the fuel off to check for hydrolock. Just in case part of your problem is liquid in a cylinder.

treeguy

I went thru the same thing last spring. I thought it might be the starter solinoid after cleaning all the battery contacts everywhere. Bought a new solinoid and it still did the clicking. I took a voltage tester and hunted around for power where there was supposed to be and found that the starter switch was bad. Yup, it was the dumb push button. You know how you can check? Pull off the wires on the back of the switch and use a 4" or what ever long piece of wire, turn on the aux. power and touch the jumper wire to the two wires from the starter button. And by the way if it is going to start with the jumper PUSH IN THE CLUTCH!!!!
Not hard to hot wire a deuce now is it?[thumbzup]

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After being parked for about a month I got in the deuce to move it and the engine would not turn over. When I push the start button I hear a click and nothing happens. I need suggestions please.

My deuce does that from time to time and I was thinking it was the starter relay, but it was not.
Still trouble shooting the problem, but when I took the dash apart to repaint it I noticed one of the plug pins to the start button was not pushed in all the way. Not sure if that was it or not, the dash is still apart.

I had one battery go bad and I was only getting 12 volts on my 5 ton and it did the same thing . check it with one battery 12volt then hook up to both batteries 24 volt .

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also get a good idea on the state of the batteries by turning the headlights on and check for brightness. However, you should start with the troubleshooting guide in the TM. They really do work.

PropDr

:nothingfunny: Your going to make your local heavy truck mechanic rich....[thumbzup]

Neglect.... Letting it sit for a month......:cookoo:

Last edited: