• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Wiring Harness Mounting Bracket 12339343 M998 fit issues

rcamacho

Having a heck of a time figuring out how this mounts back on the intake manifold studs. Anyone have a detailed picture or TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAVP7

Basically, the hole at the bottom of your picture (the inwards-pointing one) belongs onto the third manifold bolt/stud from the rear of the engine, and the other hole (the one that points outwards) gets onto the fourth stud from the rear.

Here´s a pic taken from the left hand side. You see the outward-pointing end of the bracket :

20200324_184017m.jpg

Note on my pic the nut is already missing. I was about to take the manifold off.

Hope that helps.

rcamacho

That was exactly where I thought it should go. I gather the tolerances on this part are wide indeed. I had to take the die grinder to one bolt hole to give me enough clearance to engage the stud and start the bolt. The bend radius of the tabs is slightly off but they conformed to fit just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks