• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Wiring Harness

gcbennet

I'm swapping out my harness and bought a new one online. Compared NSN and p/n's and all was good. New one came in the mail with same NSN and p/n on the bag except it's not the same as either the one in my truck or the diagram in the TM. The one in my truck is an exact match to the TM. The new one is similar but missing leads 568A, 5A, 3B, 58B, 315A, 315B, and 315C. However, it has added 568, 315D, and a triple stranded, double-ended connector with leads 350C, 355B, and 359H at both ends, and a double strand connector tagged 349B and 359J. I can cut away the wrapping and splice/remove as necessary to build a good harness, but I'm wondering if I should even bother?

gcbennet

Ya, I've already emailed the seller and I'm just waiting to hear back. You're right, these are not cheap. Especially when you factor in the horrible conversion rate and equally horrible shipping costs.

gcbennet

No foil on this harness. The vendor said he will check to see if he has the right one in stock and if so will replace it. The TM covers both the 6.2 and 6.5 in the harness removal and installation guide and this harness has completely different wires and connectors that aren't illustrated, and missing a few key cables and connectors as well. That said, I now have an NOS engine harness available...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a 6.5 harness...they can be used, but will require some mods..the GM type plug is the TPS on the injector pump for when using the 4L80E. For simplicity though...getting the 6.2 harness would be better to install.
Unless you upgrade to 200Amp setup...then that harness comes in handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks