• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine wont rev to 2600 rpm

treeguy

Really you need to see if the linkage on the IP is bottoming out at WOT from the peddle and verify if your tach is correct. I wouldn't question or tear into any significant mechanical workings until you can verify that your good to that point. Obviously you replaced the fuel filters (did you check the air filter???????? again asking?????) so you need to know if the linkage is set right then go from there. One step at a time.

G-Force

I was trying to upload the troubleshooting manual the other night but it ewouldn't upload.....
Hey Wes..........................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That felt good:D

Blackmagic94

Drove it off road Sunday

3rd gear I can do 2450 RPM, 4th and 5th gear it is 2200-2300 Max. Re bleed fuel liine prior to this trip as well. Gonna inspect it today and see if any lines are kinked and if the pedal stop is an issue. I did notice the truck will now do 41 mph in 4th gear when before it was out of steam at 38mph.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The peddel stop should not have to be messed with. There should be a coupler with spring on the throttel linkage that stop the bending of the ip control arm/rod. You adjust the max rpm by takeing off the throttel linkage then takeing off the arm on the ip. Then you remove the cover around the ip shaft and you will find the max rpm screw. Leave the bolt on the floor alone.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All in the TMs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you driven it on the road yet?

Without a follow up report, we can't learn from this thread.

harleyrkc

It must be the season for rpm issues. I started driving my other truck more since my first truck wont start right now. But thats another issue that I think I have narrowed down.

The truck I've been driving lately started acting like the governor is stopping it. It always had great power, good acceleration, and had no problem reaching 56 - 60 mph around 2500 rpm. The other day I was running down the freeway around 56 -57 mph and 2600 rpm when it was like I let my foot off the gas and my rpm's dropped to 2000 - 2200 rpm. About 6 hours after parking it everything seemed fine for the first 5 miles and then it did it again all the way home.

I can't get the truck past 50 mph when its doing whatever it doing. I'll have to check the no load rpms later today. But what could be causing it to only do this sometimes? I'm wondering if its an injector problem.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
it must be the season for rpm issues. I started driving my other truck more since my first truck wont start right now. But thats another issue that i think i have narrowed down.

The truck i've been driving lately started acting like the governor is stopping it. It always had great power, good acceleration, and had no problem reaching 56 - 60 mph around 2500 rpm. The other day i was running down the freeway around 56 -57 mph and 2600 rpm when it was like i let my foot off the gas and my rpm's dropped to 2000 - 2200 rpm. About 6 hours after parking it everything seemed fine for the first 5 miles and then it did it again all the way home.

I can't get the truck past 50 mph when its doing whatever it doing. I'll have to check the no load rpms later today. But what could be causing it to only do this sometimes? I'm wondering if its an injector problem.
filters