• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Wont Run After Setting Up For 2 YEARS.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
James, if memory serves, its around 85psi. I used to use a multifuel secondary filter set to filter my fuel before it went into my fuel tank. Imagine my surprise when the filters clogged and fuel started spraying everywhere cause I didn't plug that pressure relief valve!
Not a happy camper that day...
Yep we have a pressure relief valve on the secondary fuel filter and a over flow valve on the head. The over pressure would have to be set higher than 70 psi. The min. working pressure of the system is 60psi. The over flow always flows because of the hole in it. Here the over pressure valve does not open on shut down because not enough pressure at 30 psi idle and over flow allowing pressure release back to tank.

Last edited:

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had the exhaust pipe disconnected and had a huge flame shooting out of the exhaust. [/QUOTE said:
That sounds awesome ! 😀

Just gave me a great idea for the 5 ton if I ever have time to get it running again ...

Zoyd AT1

FYI, here is shomething you should check.
There is an easy way to prevent run-away diesel. Make sure that the fuel shutoff is actually working to shut OFF the fuel. I do this every time I have to install an injection pump. I do this by spinning the engine over without the injection lines on and the fuel shut off pulled. There should be no fuel squirting out. With the shut off released, fuel will squirt out. In your case, you will have to crack all the injection lines loose at the injectors and look for fuel squirting out there.

The reason I do this is because there is a local guy in town that had a run-away with a fairly new multifuel that was sitting for a while. It wouldn't shut down until it seized. They shut the fuel pump off but it wouldn't stop. They had the exhaust pipe disconnected and had a huge flame shooting out of the exhaust. It never threw a rod though....
Maybe have a CO2 Bottle handy for the air intake on sketchy start ups. Unless Climate Change is a concern, then maybe Halon but Not Dry Chemical

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks