• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine won't turn over

Levigarrett

I recently bought this 1983 m35 and it has ldt 465 and the engine won't spin over even with the heads off and all the pistons rods and crank look fine and have correct end play. I tried poping the clutch in a couple different gears at around 10 miles an hour and the engine never even tried to turn just drug the tires. Any ideas. Maybe flywheel problems. ????? Anything will help

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) Did the engine ever run- or at least turn over, when you first bought it...?
2) Is the starter still in place?
If NO for both - could it be that the transmission has been removed lately and maybe put back in place with new bolts, too long... ??? (That way the flywheel would be absolutely locked in place!)

Just a thought....

G.

Levigarrett

1) Did the engine ever run- or at least turn over, when you first bought it...?
2) Is the starter still in place?
If NO for both - could it be that the transmission has been removed lately and maybe put back in place with new bolts, too long... ??? (That way the flywheel would be absolutely locked in place!)

Just a thought....

G.
It's no for both but it was said that it just stopped running and shut the truck down . I'm going to pull the trans out tomorrow and pull the flywheel to know for sure what is stuck or broke. Just wondering if anyone else has had a flywheel come apart of bolts back out and cause this problem ??