• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Epic 27MT Rebuild quest.

Jake59

Hi CucvRus,

Thank you so much, that is superb!

I guess I may have over reacted a bit as I assumed finding these typical non-metric parts would be an issue in the EU.
However, thanks to the numbers and references given by Hasdrubal I was able to cross ref and finally found this:

1602174764308.png

This company is in Poland, so I can either have it sent directly to me or ask a buddy living in Krakow to collect and bring along when he comes to visit in a month or two... just depends on how patient I can be... :rolleyes:

... and if these prices are for real, perhaps you may want me to send some spares and parts to you?
Shipping cost will always be a pain, but perhaps worth while...

But again thank you a million for your proposed help!!
If Poland does not work out for whatever reason, I'll be calling you ASAP!

Cheers,
Jake

Jake59

On another note, how do I measure and determine the correct distance between flex plate and starter gear?
Or, how do I know when I have to use (a) shim(s) and what thickness?

I have read that I should press a 1/8" drill bit on the starter housing and starter shaft and this should then just rub against the flex plate gear teeth.
Make sense or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you,
Jake

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On another note, how do I measure and determine the correct distance between flex plate and starter gear?
Or, how do I know when I have to use (a) shim(s) and what thickness?

I have read that I should press a 1/8" drill bit on the starter housing and starter shaft and this should then just rub against the flex plate gear teeth.
Make sense or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you,
Jake
I use a large-size paper clip between the starter gear and flex plate.

Attachments

Jake59

Hi CucvRus,

Thank you for your help, sincerely very much appreciated!!

I guess I may have initially over reacted since I just could not find any part number for the brush end shaft bushing which is alarming, as chances are less then nihil to find non-metric bushings in Europe...
But thanks to the inputs from Hasrubal, I was able to cross ref and found some quite interesting information... see attached.

Hope these prices are actual and for real!
This company is in Poland, so I will either have it shipped to me or my Polish buddy can bring them along when he comes to visit in 2 months... all depends on how patient I manage to be... :rolleyes:

This said, perhaps I can help with starter parts... although I fear shipping may be prohibitive...:cautious:

Anyways, sincerely and truly thank you for your offer to help!!
If the Polish offer does not work out I will definitely be in touch!

Thank you!!
Cheers,
Jake

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks