• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Epic, brutal failure

Napoleon_Tanerite

So today was the big day... I was going to install my Nostalgic Air Parts air conditioner. I spent about 2 hours taking apart the dash and radiator shroud, and finally realized I was in WAAAAY over my head. So I took it to a local A/C shop. They quoted me $500 for the install, and it seems they know what they'er doing... they had a M1031 in the yard already.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Napoleon_Tanerite, is that you! :shock:

500 doesn't seem to bad....?
i'm the only guy i've seen on the interwoo posting as N_T, so I'd assume it's me..... I'm the same N_T from ARFCOM, ls1gto and baseops

and no, $500 is a lot less than I expected. One guy on here posted about paying $1000+ to have an OD Iron kit installed

Napoleon_Tanerite

The $500 is a quote, but seeing how they seem to have experience with CUCVs, I'd imagine it is within the ballpark. ****, anything under $1000 I'll be happy with really, so long as the work is quality.

And ya, I got b& from ARFCOM. It was a witchhunt/headhunting trip, but such is life. Don't miss the place. I just hang out at /b/ now for my dose of the sewer of the internet.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
$500 is a great deal-at the most that could only be 8 hrs of labor.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
500 clams is an excellent deal! Before I picked up my M1008, I checked with a local business that used to put A/Cs in cars when I was a kid. He told me that they were getting 800!!! in labour alone, back then.

He told me to bring everything to him when I was ready and he would give me a price then.....I lucked out and it came with AC installed!

Napoleon_Tanerite

well, the $500 is in addition to the $950 already spent on the kit, so it's not a parts + labor screaming deal. If that was the case I'd imagine all you guys would be planning road trips and crashing on my couch!

Napoleon_Tanerite

Picked it up today... $500 out the door WITH tax included! A/C blew good and cold. Only problem is on the 3rd or 4th start the blower motor shorted out the WHOLE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM! The truck is completely dead, NOTHING works. Any idea where to look to track down the short? I checked all the fuses under the dash and nothing was blown.

davo727

The little diamond shaped terminal block thats next to the glow plug relay on the firewall I think runs all the 12 volt stuff - so I would look at the fuseable link that brings power to that block. The link can melt inside and look ok on the outside sometimes.