• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Epic road trip

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems they are running a little behind schedule, thought they were to leave Illinois yesterday and be in Indiana/ Ohio today.

JonMolander

Sorry guys, but it's been an incredibly busy week. I made it to Dayton wednesday night safely after deposing both deuces near Indy. Then yesterday I went back for my green deuce with all my household goods in it. My brother, from southern Indiana, met me there to take my tan deuce south to his house. The in-tank fuel pump was on the fritz, so we left the truck there for another weekend. My buddies are cleaning the pump up as we speak. I was under the impression the pump was just to boost the fuel, but the engine would still operate without it. Maybe there is something blocking the line. Waiting to see what my buddies tell me later today.

JonMolander

Here are some photos from the trip.

We stopped to see friends in Devil's Lake and Grand Forks, then pressed ahead to Fergus Falls the first night. Made it there around 4AM. Then the next day's goal was Low Point, IL (near Peoria). A fellow MVer offered his place near Minneapolis for a late lunch, so we stopped there and talked about deuces while he grilled us some burgers! Then we didn't quite make it to Low Point, but crashed in Annawan, IL around 3:30AM. Slept about 4 hours each night to make sure we didn't miss the continental breakfast in the hotels!

Then once arriving in Low Point at my buddy Anthony's farm, we picked up my new tan deuce. Anthony had parked my jeep in the bed of it so all we had to do was chain it down and throw a bunch of spare tires on the M116 behind it. The jeep bounced a little, but rode pretty well all the way to Indy.

The whole trip was a blast! And it was made so much better with the use of CB radios to keep each other entertained. Honestly, the only issue we were having was with the Chevy's transmission overheating due to hauling a 12k trailer. I'd do the whole trip again with my friends in a heartbeat.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks