• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EPIC saga, now its the Water pump??!!

merlot566jka

Ok so after fixing the heater hose leak, my water pump seems to be leaking out of the weep hole... pretty bad too. It seems the more I drive my truck the more it starts to break, lol. I know its likely cause it wasnt used much over the past 20 years or so... but geez, cant a guy get lucky? anyway, I have coolant all over the engine, all over the side of the truck and on the windshield. I made it to work though, and hoping to make it home.

BUT the temp is just fine, no noise, and fan isnt wobbly. But holy cow is it pouring out the coolant.

Is the pump rebuildable?

If not, anyone know of an overnight source for one?

I have to drive home on this... tips?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is the pump rebuildable?
Probably but not worth the time or money. Older vehicles that don't have common pumps available at the parts house have to have their pumps rebuilt.

If not, anyone know of an overnight source for one?
Any of big sellers should stock these and they should be willing to red label (next day air) ship it. Memphis, White Owl, Saturn, etc.

I have to drive home on this... tips?
Do you have your towbar with you and an internet enabled phone so that when the pump totally fails and sends the fan through the radiator, you can post up a rescue needed thread and someone on the site can come tow you home?

merlot566jka

Probably but not worth the time or money. Older vehicles that don't have common pumps available at the parts house have to have their pumps rebuilt.

Any of big sellers should stock these and they should be willing to red label (next day air) ship it. Memphis, White Owl, Saturn, etc.

Do you have your towbar with you and an internet enabled phone so that when the pump totally fails and sends the fan through the radiator, you can post up a rescue needed thread and someone on the site can come tow you home?
Yeah, I have a phone that can get me an emergency rescue and a pitcure party.

So thats a no on the rebuld... crap.

goodbye christmas money!

AaronW

This EPIC Saga has me wondering if you have ticked off the OD Gods. Maybe you need to lose the black paint.rofl

Hope the repair goes well and you get back to worry free driving!

merlot566jka

ya know.. you may be right! haha

In all reality I've put about 10,000 miles on the truck since March... I bet the truck is just getting the kinks worked out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just glad it is happening locally instead of on your trip from Seattle......rofl

merlot566jka

um... water pump isnt leaking....

lower radiator hose?

is there anything in the block on the front side, like a bolt that goes through a water jacket or a freeze plug?

I kind of jumped the gun on that water pump. maybe its just a hose?!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seen several hoses swell and touch the harmonic balancer and leak from that.

If your lucky, that's all it is.

Some people have all the luck...

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sr.,
I cancled the order :D
I prolly would have kept it as a spare. Then again I carry two dog bones, an alt, 3 sets of filters, a full set of hoses and a tow bar with me.

The alt is because I ordered two by mistake and the hoses are because I've been too lazy to install them.

Good luck with yours - it's probably nothing big - unless it is.

:)

merlot566jka

Yeah, I checked all the ones I can reach... the one I cant get to is the lower radiator hose, on the pump side... and that is where it looks to be leaking... yet its not dripping off the hose, instead its dripping off the block in the same area as that hose.

hoop

The green ones do not go to the coolant system.
The red one is just for mounting the pump to the motor block.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks