• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Equipment's last deployment is to the bottom of the ocean

gunboy1656

But at 45 feet, I'd seriously like to dive one that happens to be upright and find where the driver's seat was, sit there, and make BRRRRRRR noises with my mouth. Wait... I might drown.
When I was a certified diver, I sat on a lawnmower underwater and made those noises. It was 25 feet under water, and I am still here. Just make sure you have at least a small emergency bottle and you will be just fine.

The best pic was the whole class rowing a boat underwater.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I imagine JimK won't be happy to see this! He has been hunting for an M113 hull to make a Big Kahuna style gun truck replica.

And I believe the folks talking about nicking these from the sea floor are joking, Wrench Wench certainly was, so we shouldn't get upset with them.

Cheers

AaronW

I spent 3 years in the Navy doing deep water search/salvage/recovery down to 5000 ft. We recovered everything from complete F-14's to whale bones. You guys and gals would die if you saw some of the stuff down there. I've seen a USMC F-4U Coarsair sitting at 4000 ft complete and in amazing shape. The only problems we could see were a ripped leather seat, a blown altimeter(from the pressure), and some magnesium engine parts "melting" away. It was sitting on its gear ready to taxi! Cool junk down there. It had a tail # and all markings......I knew I should have written them down. Be cool to researchaua.

Last edited:

Wrench Wench

Blythewoodjoe: Carp like CARC.

Hmmm. Kinda makes me wonder how such ... objects ... react once submerged. Trading hydrodynamics for aerodynamics, might the Corsair have actually glided in for a perfect three point landing on the sea floor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks