• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

erratic voltage reading with temp and speed on m1009

dmilkman589

im an idiot. times a million.
brought truck to a alternator shop. the guy felt the pulley it was hot. very hot.
changed belts. tightened them up. (it was slipping)
tightened up loose ground on front battery.
everything is perfect now...

dmilkman589

i was thinking no squeak. the belts gotta be fine. i was wrong. also i wasn't getting 14 volts when putting meter right to the alternator. i thought its gotta be the alternator. i was wrong. without the solid ground on on the battery it wont be pulling good voltage.... and im guessing it was worse in the cold because the belts would slip more or something

milkie62

i was thinking no squeak. the belts gotta be fine. i was wrong. also i wasn't getting 14 volts when putting meter right to the alternator. i thought its gotta be the alternator. i was wrong. without the solid ground on on the battery it wont be pulling good voltage.... and im guessing it was worse in the cold because the belts would slip more or something
Remember the KISS method young grasshopper.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks