• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ethan Crane (HIAB) Bobbed Deuce Build

hrh_96

OK, can we talk part number or NSN's? I am getting confused with the multiple applications for a given implement.

Has anyone compared an OD Iron wheel (offset/width/bolt pattern/cost) to the thread subject wheels, either originallt issued or midified via cut an replace or add and drill?

M1075

OK, can we talk part number or NSN's? I am getting confused with the multiple applications for a given implement.

Has anyone compared an OD Iron wheel (offset/width/bolt pattern/cost) to the thread subject wheels, either originallt issued or midified via cut an replace or add and drill?
You should be able to find the NSN in the M1076 manual. If you can't, let me know.

The OD Iron wheel is better suited for the deuce but if you have some M1076 wheels and some talent, they would be a lot cheaper. There is no "cut and replace" or "add and drill". Buy a pre-cut center and weld it in. Center should be 11" diameter with rockwell bolt pattern 6x8 3/4".

wehring

yes

Repaired the tear in the top plate a while back. All of the arms and body have been blasted primed and repainted. Still looking for a hook and got a quote of $3K to repair/rebuild the rams. Putting cash away for this leg of the project.

Thaks for thinking about this and asking!

Justin

miltruckman

It was several years ago, but I think it was $150 to $500 per cylinder. This was cheaper for me as all my cylinders had to be shipped from Germany.

The snow has melted off, but the weather is still cold and miserable. I am trying to clean out my garage and have a garage sale so I can get back to work on my bobbed deuce, but the weather just won't cooperate.

Bill
Michigan

wehring

weight

I have two sets of 5 ton front springs I may use. The other option is an airbag assist at each spring. Have not decided yet.

Justin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks