• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ETHER KIT for PROPANE INJECTION USE???

Has anyone thought of using the ETHER kit to add PROPANE to the multifuel engine? Many diesel vehicles benefit from adding propane to the system on hard pulls. Similar effect as adding nitrous to a gas vehicle. It appears the nozzle is in the correct location for this?

5tonpuller

I have a set up on mine for propane on my M543A2. There 3 ways I guess now on how to do it.
one is a set up like the propane fork lifts have that uses a heater to warm up the propane before it is
used. If I remember right it uses the carb. as the regulator to.
The way I do it is the reg. is at the bottle. ( like a grill has ) and have a 1/4 turn valve in the line that runs to a spot 1 foot before the turbo. IF YOU DO NOT USE A REG. OR A HEATER THE ICE COLD LIQUID WILL DUST THE TURBO AND MAKE YOU REALLY UN HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it to take the curse off the 5 speed.
To much will not be good for the motor. I don't think it will take that kinda out put. I did show Tennis. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.
My $0.05 worth.

Im not sure how the Ether kit works, or if the setup is regulated, I would imagine it is. You can get propane bottles exactly like the ether bottles. I screwed a propane bottle on the mount for looks but I really havent tried to activate the ether switch when driving. I understand the regulator scenerio,If the jetting would work with the ether start setup, It seems all I would have to do is get a hose that went from that threading to a normal 5gal Propane bottle and hit the switch when I need that extra boost.

Now your idea is nice, placing a regulator on the bottle and using a valve, if the line was done correct enough, dont you think the engine heat would be enough to warm the line prior to the injection to the motor? Can you provide any pictures of the setup you are using? How well does it work for you?

ida34

The ether kit has a temp sensor that will not allow the valve to activate unless it is below 20 degrees. You could bypass it but when you push the switch a measured amount of ether is allowed to stage in the valve. You should hold it for a few seconds. Then when you let go of the switch the charge is released into the engine. I doubt you would see any boost from such a small amount of propane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks