• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ether Start Paperwork

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang, I've had a few trucks with the ethere start on them. Does anyone have any paperwork associated with the install of same? Looking for TMs, TB,s MWOs, FMs or even a PS article. The one complete kit I had, I sold like a fool, even had the correct data plate to replace the flame heater data plate.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I posted the same question on several forums some time ago and got no response.
Here are the basic components (got these from Bruce at Aberdeen last year). In the image you'll see the ether canister, metering solenoid with the nozzle, 20F switch and a wiring piece. The switch is the same as the flame heater switch, only the tag is different as you mentioned.
In operation, holding the switch on triggers a 6cc shot of ether into the intake manifold adapter and it will only work when the temp is below 20F with the temp switch installed and while cranking the engine.
There is another wiring harness included also, which I guess disables the system when the engine is not turned over, but the basic operation is as described above.

PS. The background is the bed of the pipeline truck, now about 10 months old.

Attachments

mangus580

This makes me think of an interesting thought. If it was such a big deal to use the flame heater only when cranking, why was the power for the switch not provided from the starter button? (oh wait, answered my own question..... supposed to use it while running too huh?)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent find Jed! Once you get everything sorted, we need a really detailed pic of the instructions. Did you also get the dash data plate that replaces the flame heater data plate?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks