• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC Approval

rcb

Greetings... I'm about to enter week 10 of my waiting period for my EUC through govplanet for my M998. I am a
1st timer on govplanet, but have many EUC approvals through GL. Anyone experiencing similar wait times ?

Awol

They're all over the place with approval times. For some its been as short as 3-4 weeks, and others have been 12-16 weeks.

Think of it this way, it makes picking it up that much more exciting!

rcb

Well, this is the start of week 11 for me and still no EUC approval ! You would think with today's technology an EUC approval would
be as simple as running a credit report !

jeffy777

When I did mine they said 12-16 weeks. I got 16 weeks. My title 12 weeks. So a little over half a year it took me. It is a process. Not all of this is Gov Planet's fault. And they don't use today's technology.

Awol

When I did mine they said 12-16 weeks. I got 16 weeks. My title 12 weeks. So a little over half a year it took me. It is a process. Not all of this is Gov Planet's fault. And they don't use today's technology.
I dunno, if they're using technology from the stone age, then it's kinda their fault.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Guess I'll jump into this pond as well to clear up some misconceptions and make sure we are all on the same page in regards to EUCs

1. EUC paperwork is submitted to Trade Security Controls within 24 - 72 hours of receipt from the customer, provided no obvious corrections are needed. The only technology involved is Outlook and a scanner.

2. Once the EUC paperwork is sent to TSC, GovPlanet has absolutely positively NO visibility on it. It goes into the bureaucratic black hole. In order to get any kind of update, my bosses' boss has to submit an official Request thru our Senior Contract Officer at the DLA, who in turn will research what the issue is, if any. This cannot and will not (per our DLA SCO) be done unless the EUC is more than 120 business days old. Once again not our rules, this is dictated to us by the TSC.

3. TSC has sent back EUCs for corrections, even though my guys nitpick the H$$ out of them to try and keep this from happening. TSC has, for example, sent back EUCs because the Driver License scan was too dark/too light/too blurry, the buyer signed with a Middle Initial versus Middle Name (although one of my guys, retired Navy, is extremely observant on this and usually catches it and sends it back for corrections before being submitted to TSC), and everything in between. The EUCs that TSC sent back for correction range anywhere between 3 days after we send them to the worst one which was about 45 days after we had sent it to them.

4. Once my EUC team receives the approvals back from TSC, the system is updated within 48 hours, which should trigger an automated email to our customer stated that their EUC is approved.

Please understand, we (GovPlanet) only have control over 1 and 4 above. The wait comes from the additional units that now require an EUC (pretty much all the 5 Tons now) and the fact that there is a limited number of TSC investigators. Please do not ask me about TSC procedures or personnel, because I don't know. Any answer that anyone gives you is a straight SWAG, and if any of my people do that, please let me know which one and I will provide the appropriate corrective training. I know the EUC process straight Sucks! And I, along with everyone here at GP, would love if every single item we have available DID NOT require one, unfortunately EUCs are part of this procedure, and have been loooong before GovPlanet started auctioning off items, and I am sure they will continue for the foreseeable future.

If you have an EUC that is over 60 business days from the date we received your full and correct paperwork, PM with the item number and I will research. As of this morning (I already ran my reports for this week) there are only 4 EUCs that are over 45 business days, and 2 of those items belong to the same buyer, so there are only 3 individuals with a submitted EUC that is over 45 business days as of 10 AM CST this morning. If you feel that yours is in this group, please let me know ASAP, there may be a legitimate issue with your submission.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks