• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC at 63 days!

L999here

...proceed with all-due-caution..

"All good things come to those who wait"...not any different than real life. My first EUC was over 95 days getting approved....over 125 days from end of auction. It's just like buying stock....if you cannot afford to let the money sit for over 3-mo..... don't bid on any auctions. This 'instant gratification' crap is just that....crap. GL has extended their approval basis and do not use the 60-day limit anymore. They realize that the bottle-neck is the people at Battle Creek,MI...not the bidder. So.... just wait it out. If your money was well spent at the initial auction...it will reap better rewards at the approval of the EUC. BE PATIENT....IMHO

buffalocody

EUC's what a difference they make.

I am on 3 weeks waiting so I feel a little down with your post.
Funny, the one i used in 2008 for a truck was not good enough for a dolly this time.
2 attempts and we were off to the government, let the smudge in the margins be a problem, later.
Just makes you appreciate the kind people at GL and Washington in general.

If the don't break it up after the photo, then it aint ready after the sale, 3 times and then "you didn't make an appointment to load the day I am short handed." But you only sold 4 lots in the last 2 weeks.

"All good things come to those who wait"...not any different than real life. My first EUC was over 95 days getting approved....over 125 days from end of auction. It's just like buying stock....if you cannot afford to let the money sit for over 3-mo..... don't bid on any auctions. This 'instant gratification' crap is just that....crap. GL has extended their approval basis and do not use the 60-day limit anymore. They realize that the bottle-neck is the people at Battle Creek,MI...not the bidder. So.... just wait it out. If your money was well spent at the initial auction...it will reap better rewards at the approval of the EUC. BE PATIENT....IMHO
I don't think you'll find a more patient guy than I am. Generally, I let things roll off my back. But it is more than slightly unreasonable for a company to take your money and then refuse to give you any indication about what is going on with the property you purchased. I could understand if someone would just explain what the hold up is.

But to not answer inquiries and have the kind of customer service that GL and BC offer is a cardinal sin in the real business world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If these guys had to do business in the real world (that is, the private sector where you have to actually compete against other businesses) they would go under quickly. Customers would not tolerate this treatment.

OK, I'm off the soapbox now.

LC

67_C-30

You say they have extended the approval basis and do not use 60-day limit anymore, but that has happened AFTER most of us bought our trucks. Before they had my money, the GL people I talked to were nice and told me "The EUC's are coming in pretty fast these days" but since they've had my money they are unconcerned and totally no help at all. Not being able to afford to wait has nothing to do with this. I could take the money I paid for this truck and light it on fire, and I would be fine. The crap is them not holding up their end of the agreed terms. The EUC that we signed stated "up to sixty days" not up to 90 days or 125 days. As LongueCarabine said, I real business could not operate this way. If they don't have absolutely any idea how long this is going to take, they shouldn't say UP TO sixty days. It should say 60 - 120 days or sometime between now and the 4th of Nebuary! I had never been to this site before and had no prior experience with GL before this. I called them to get details and I was told I would have a truck in 2 months or maybe less. Silly me for believing them, I guess.

ehasson

I don't think the problem is GL. As hard as this is to believe, I think the problem is the government portion of the transaction. GL has your money and the lot is sold, no they have to deflect complaints about how long it is taking to get approved and look at the lot sitting their taking up room. Your beef is with the government but I bet the government has something in the clause with GL saying GL can not give out any government contact info.

Makes you look forward to government run health care doesn't it?

You say they have extended the approval basis and do not use 60-day limit anymore, but that has happened AFTER most of us bought our trucks. Before they had my money, the GL people I talked to were nice and told me "The EUC's are coming in pretty fast these days" but since they've had my money they are unconcerned and totally no help at all. Not being able to afford to wait has nothing to do with this. I could take the money I paid for this truck and light it on fire, and I would be fine. The crap is them not holding up their end of the agreed terms. The EUC that we signed stated "up to sixty days" not up to 90 days or 125 days. As LongueCarabine said, I real business could not operate this way. If they don't have absolutely any idea how long this is going to take, they shouldn't say UP TO sixty days. It should say 60 - 120 days or sometime between now and the 4th of Nebuary! I had never been to this site before and had no prior experience with GL before this. I called them to get details and I was told I would have a truck in 2 months or maybe less. Silly me for believing them, I guess.

wsucougarx

I too was under the impression it was not GL's fault for my EUC to take so long. However, in my situation it was truely a GL caused delay. I was at the 2 month mark when I finally had my 8th EUC approval in hand. I got an explanation from DRMS about the delay. Apparently, Gl neglected to send in the proper DEMIL certificates for my truck. From my understanding these certs are suppose to be turned in before the truck comes up for auction. However, my DEMIL certs were sent in 7 days ago (no joke, and the auction ended 13MAY) and I picked my truck up 5 days ago.
Hang in there guys, it'll happen.....eventually;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks