• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC at 63 days!

AceHigh

Just a thought. I understand that GL actually buys the surplus from DOD at a percentage of the original price. Probably more complex but the title does actually pass from DOD to GL then they issue a title to us.

Soooo if GL owns it and gives me a title why the EUC process anyway? rofl

If the title actually came to me from DOD I could see it. Well, not really, :deadhorse:

AceHigh

What I find frustrating about the whole thing is that no one here really knows what the EUC process is. It is clouded in secrecy.

Is it some highly overworked sincere government employees working hard to meet strict requirement or a highly disfunctional staff sent there because they can't get much right. When I worked in government we called such groups the "Department of Redundancy Department"

In other words, do they really care if they pick up a stack of papers and stamp them in 60 days or 90 days, or do they really not worry at all. I really have no idea.

greenjeepster

Just a thought. I understand that GL actually buys the surplus from DOD at a percentage of the original price. Probably more complex but the title does actually pass from DOD to GL then they issue a title to us.

Soooo if GL owns it and gives me a title why the EUC process anyway? rofl
From invoices I have received over the years that is the case.

From what some on here have said they have spent with GL I think if the DOD started selling their own surplus or handed it over to GSA we could solve the national dept problem.

Motorcar

Also wondering status....

Corpin, have you called the DDTC Response team?
I am at 112 days on 5014, GL today told me to contact DRMS, now I have a service ticket pending. Just bet I will get the same response, "it is another departments ball check with them"....aua

I would be interested to know if the TSC "Response Team" got Corpin a "Response";-)

Corprin

Sorry for the delay guys, I am taking Chemistry and Calculus in summer classes (fast paced) so I am a bit stressed.... thankfully Chem is done this week :jumpin:

After I talked with the DCIS investigator I contacted DDTC, and was told things were still pending. I asked how this could take place, as I still have a valid TS clearance issued by the DOD/Army, my FFL license, and a clean NCIS record... they said they don't know what the delay is, and to just wait.

So with this information I talked to GL's "live chat" where they proceeded to treat me like a total ass-hole for wanting to know a status. I was polite, but the rep was a total DB. This really irritated me, as I was already stressed a bit, and the customer service rep was the straw that broke this camel's back.

So I called my bank, processed a charge-back claim, and wrote the following email to GL;

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

I am writing with regards to the commodity purchased through your online auction service. I was the winning bidder on event #xxxx, item #xxxx, order #xxxxxx at your Little Falls, MN location. I have spoken with your customer service representative "Heidi" within your "live chat" feature on the www.govliquidation.com homepage. According to the "EUC status" option on your homepage, my EUC was initially accepted on 4/8/2010, returned to me on 4/15/10 for revisions, and subsequently approved by your staff and forwarded to "Battle Creek". I have been in contact with your company, via telephone, twice since my EUC was reported as sent to Battle Creek, with the response that the EUC is "up at Battle Creek" and to keep waiting.

Within your Terms and Conditions listed on your website regarding the EUC process, your website states, "If approval is not granted by the TSC within 60 days of submission, GL reserves the right to terminate the transaction." While this does not state explicitly that upon 60 days after submission the transaction will be canceled, it does imply that 60 days is the "worst case scenario". Because of this, as a customer, I believed that my transaction would be completed before this 60 days had expired. Since this 60 days has expired, I contacted your customer service "live chat" once again, and like before, received the same answer of "wait longer."

Your company has now held my funds, in the amount of $448.00, since 4/12/2010, without update, interest accruing, or date as to when I may receive my property. I feel your company has not only done nothing to assist me in the retrieval of my commodity, paid for over two months ago, but written your Terms and Conditions in such a way as to mislead customers into believing any transactions with you will be handled in a prompt and efficient manner.

I have already contacted my bank about this matter, providing them with documentation, and descriptions of your Terms and Conditions of sales, and communications I have had with your company, DLA, and DCIS. With the information provided, my bank has advised that a claim be filed against your company for my purchase in the amount of $448.00, and has already processed a charge-back of those funds.

According to your company's Terms and Conditions, 7(c) "Any Buyer that attempts to rescind a credit card transaction without our express written consent (i.e., charge-back), will have their account immediately and permanently de-activated...." I understand the repercussions of my actions are limited to your company permanently de-activating my account. While this is unfortunate, I feel that your complete lack of helpful customer support, and vague descriptions in your Terms and Conditions, would prevent me from ever engaging in business with you again.

Furthermore, please understand that an honest, helpful customer support, and accurate portrayals of your company's processes and requirements after EUC's are submitted to Battle Creek, may have prevented my actions.

Please confirm that the aforementioned transaction has been canceled via email, or written letter.

Sincerely,
me
I fully expected them to read this email, and cancel my account per their policy. One week passed, and I still had access to my GL account and no response. I contacted "live chat" again, and asked if they had received my email, they confirmed this and told me I would hear back within 72hrs.

Well, I got my response today;

Dear Me,

Thank you for your correspondence.

Government Liquidation will honor your request to cancel the aforementioned sale. Please anticipate a full refund, $448.00, via credit card within approximately 5 business days from today, June 29, 2010.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Management
Government Liquidation
15051 N. Kierland Blvd.
Suite 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: 480-367-1300
Fax: 480-367-1450
E-mail: info@govliquidation.com

Well, it looks like the situation is over, and obviously they did not read/comprehend my email. :roll:

So that is the end of it for me, I hope you all do much better than I have.

barrygar8

got my first euc back today it was 5073 and was sent in 3-24-10 the good think I got the one for 5199 and 5237 now to bring home 12- m101a2 1- m105 and 1- m332 from ft.campbell

ARYankee

Thanks for the update Corprin. Good luck with Chemistry and Calculus. I guess I will just wait mine out. It seems as though it doesn't do a whole lot of good by contacting DCIS, DDTC, etc. The GL machine rolls on...........

Corprin

Thanks for the update Corprin. Good luck with Chemistry and Calculus. I guess I will just wait mine out. It seems as though it doesn't do a whole lot of good by contacting DCIS, DDTC, etc. The GL machine rolls on...........

If for nothing else, it gave me ammunition when I called my back for a charge back, and went against the "management" at GL. At no time could anyone say I didn't do my part to rectify the situation amicably.

We will see if they do the refund in 7 days, and if they do, well then I will retain my account if I need any NON-EUC stuff.

ehasson

Took 96 Days.....

This was my first one and it took 96 days. I had just about given up. Hang in there, it will happen. You may grow older and wiser in the mean time but it does happen. They have probably outsourced approval to India and that is what takes so long.

Well, it has now been 63 days since my EUC was sent to BC. I fully expect the thing to be drop-kicked into the canceled bin, but I have received no word from GL. So, I climbed one rung about the heads of GL, and called DRMS directly wondering about my EUC. I talked to a rather nice young lady who went WAY out of her way to help me out.

She called her "Level II Dept" and talked to an individual there who, she stated said, "This has been happening a lot with GL." and he would have an answer in my hand by COB Monday with the status of my EUC.

we will see.

TucsonVTXF

just recieved this email today from GL

RE: EUC at 60 days‏
From: GL Info (info@govliquidation.com) Sent:Wed 7/07/10 3:11 PMTo: d8@hotmail.com
Dear Mr. Du

Thank you for your e-mail.

At this time, Government Liquidation is still waiting for an approval from the Trade Security Control. However, as soon as an update is received, Government Liquidation will notify you via your online End Use Certificate status tracker.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Management
Government Liquidation
15051 N. Kierland Blvd.
Suite 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone: 480-367-1300
Fax: 480-367-1450
E-mail: info@govliquidation.com

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:20 AM
To: GL Info
Subject: EUC at 60 days

Please do not cancle my winning bid I just reached 60 days and would like to continue this transaction.... thank you..... Dan

Last edited:

Corprin

This was my first one and it took 96 days. I had just about given up. Hang in there, it will happen. You may grow older and wiser in the mean time but it does happen. They have probably outsourced approval to India and that is what takes so long.
Well, the order has been canceled.

I contacted the "Management" at GL, unbeknownst to them, with the information I got from DCIS et. al. The customer service, answers, and plain rudeness I received was enough to push me over the edge. I talked to my bank, they recommended a charge-back, to wit I agreed. I notified GL about the charge-back with my reasoning. The got back to me over a week later stating they are canceling my order and refunding my money within 5 business days. Order was canceled, still waiting on the refund, but that doesn't matter as I have the funds anyway.

So I spent my hard earned allowence money on a new starter for my wife's classic mini, and some VERY nice floor liners for the Jeep. :beer:

Good luck to you all, and keep others posted!

Kohburn

96 calendar days? or business days?

mine was sen to BC on 4/16/2010

Tomorrow will be 84 days or 60 business days for mine.

pnishr

Truck 1 - EUC Sent to Battlecreek 3/4/2010 - STILL PENDING!!!!
Truck 2 - EUC Sent to Battlecreek 4/15/2010 - Notified 6/24/2010
M103 trailer with 2 MEP-002s and 2 3k watt diesel gens - EUC Sent to Battlecreek 6/24/2010 - Notified 7/9/2010

They've GOT to be on a LIFO operation. I'm at FOUR MONTHS on my other truck. I'd have them just cancel it, except that that one has a winch I want for the one I picked up Friday.

Glad it's getting quicker though...

Is there any way GL will re-submit? I honestly think the govt. lost it....

Well, I won mine on Feb. 4, sent in the EUC paperwork right away, they got back to me in early March, sent revisions in, they have had them since March 10. No end in sight, I guess.

No answers to emails, phone messages or chat.

LC

whyme

truck purchased 4/16, EUC submitted, revisons requested and resubmitted, sent to BC on 4/27, notified 7/12.

i find it a very strange coincedence that two days after i emailed BC and GL i get the notice.

and this is my first

Sounds like time to step to the next rung.
Well, I called the numbers listed and the lady on the other end said they don't have anything to do with surplus property, that they are the Accountability Office. She also could not get me a number of anyone to call who could assist me. Even the email that I sent to them bounced back.

I am rapidly losing all faith in this. No one will answer my emails at GL, calls go unanswered, and the DLA is not available, apparently.

Help!

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks