• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC at battlecreek.....the wait

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my EUC cleared on my last M1009 in about three weeks. Then I picked it up. That was the end of June.

I just got my SF-97 in the mail on Monday. So I can FINALLY go register this silly thing.

That was the Ft Sill, Ok auction, right?

Those looked sweet. Hopefully they are in good working order. You gotta post pix once you got get them.

Whatcha gonna do with them snazzy yellow lights?

edgebar

yep, ft sill

yes, from ft sill, kind of messed up with the bidding, wanted 2 but ended up with 3.
they did look pretty good compared to alot i've seen, but only time will tell.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
edgebar,

I've got a buddy that would probably be interested in the non-green one.

Contact me at whiterivr at msn dot com if you want to sell any of them. I do know a guy in Kentucky that might want it.

They are sweet looking for sure.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2+ months to get your sf97?
Yeah, but you need to understand that I request it and then waited a month. NO SF-97 email, nothing. So I call back and have to resubmit my request.

As they didn't charge me the first time, no biggie.

And I already have an M1009, so it was no big deal waiting for the SF-97.

But then, I ALWAYS have problems like this. And NOT just with GOV LIQ. And it's NOT THEM. It's me.

For some reason, my karma has me consistently filling out forms two, three, four times before the person, department or government agency actually sees the CORRECTLY FILLED OUT FORM. Just my lot in life.

So I fill it out and wait. If I don't hear from anyone or get any emails, I call up Gov Liq, they generally tell me they don't have any record of my request. So I just resubmit.

I found out after the first time, arguing with them does NOTHING but frustrate me. So I just calmly go about my business. But you GOTTA check up on these things. Let me rephrase that.

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY CHECK ON THESE THINGS. But that's just MY karma. Your mileage will vary.

edgebar

keeping them for now

thanks, buy for now i'm keeping them, maybe sell one.
the white one is one i will probably keep, if it is as good as the milage would indicate, but... we know that is a big if.
but i will keep you in mind, cause we need to see what it will take to get them servicable.

coyotegray

well, that is fast, let me know how things go and how the m1009 looks overall
thanks
Picked it up today. Starts right up and runs good.
No rust in the floor. Only surface rust where you would expect it.. No floor mats..
New batteries, sealed type.
GL didn't have enough keys but just in case I had ordered one on EBay so I was good.

The tires are very dry rotted. It has had the fuel filter and CRD valve replaced recently and the shocks look recent.

Came with 3 fire extinguishers, spare tire, jack, tire tool, triangle set, chock, users manual, and a bottle of RainX.. and one full roll of paper towels in the glove box.

The shackles that were missing from the front were under the driver's seat.

I will not have a chance to work on it until the weekend but the first stop will be the car wash to clean things up so I can spot any leaks. Then standard PM's and so on..

Andy..