• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC Cleared & Invoice Paid In Full, Now What?

Unforgiven

Now what?

The Government Liquidation website says that I have to bring photo ID, proof of registration & insurance & cleared EUC.

Will the Site Manager at the base have a copy of my cleared EUC? Do i bring my original EUC form that I emailed off a few months ago? All I could find on the GL website under my account was an EUC Status, which said that I was approved today. Will they mail me an official form in the mail or is that it?

I have the following:

1-Invoice stating Paid In Full.
2-Printout of PayPal showing that I paid back in September.
3-Driver's License, insurance & registration
4-Printout stating my EUC cleared.

Is that all I need? They have the EUC?

Also, how much time do I have to pick up the truck. It cleared today, Nov. 30th. I've read 10 days. Is that 10 working days or 10 regular days?

My PIF invoice is back dated to September, even though it only cleared today. Is that going to pose any problems?

Thanks for any feedback.

Flyingvan911

The lot wil also get a paid-in-full invoice. Call the GL lot and see what they want. I just showed my ID and went out and got my truck. I checked out with the GL rep and drove on home.

KsM715

They will have the PIF invoice there. They say you need to bring ID, Reg. and Ins. That is to get on base. It used to be that to get on any military installation you needed those 3 items. Now most places you just need a current ID.

davey8943

Unforgiven,

The GL site manager will load you out based on a paid in full invoice and a photo id.

You are never returned an "accepted" EUC. The EUC is (I can only assume) kept on file in a government bunker for archeologists to discover 3000 years from now....

Depending on the site you have at least 10 business days. The sites I have worked with were flexible as long as you had scheduled a load out within those 10 days.

The date on the PIF invoice will only bite you at the DMV (I had to pay a fee because I didn't apply for a title fast enough on a few trailers)...

Hope this helps...

Ohh and CONGRATULATIONS. What are you picking up?!!?!?!

Dave

Flyingvan911

The date on the PIF invoice will only bite you at the DMV (I had to pay a fee because I didn't apply for a title fast enough on a few trailers)...
Dave
I just got my Arizona title from GL. It also came with a few other papers to let the DMV know that the title was just issued. It should save a person from having to pay late fees. I also printed out the page off the GL website that gives the timeline for when the auction was won, EUC submitted, approved etc. That can show that I couldn't register it until now.

I hope this helps some other people. I am going to register my deuce in a week or so. I'll post how it turns out.

Unforgiven

Thanks, that's good to know.

It's an M36. Unknown year. I'm guessing it's late 60's or early 70's. No gauges & the data plate isn't legible for the year.

It's going to get a crew cab + keep the stock M35 bed from another truck. I'm like the guy from Long John Silvers. I want it all.

The plan is to make an off-road RV with a crew cab, keep the tandem axles, & keep a full sized bed. The only way to do all this was to stretch the M35 frame. So I decided to buy an M36 instead.

It will be a Borg truck. The M35 will be assimilated for the greater good of the collective.

I've already got a Cummins 8.3 + Allison 3560 ready to drop in. The extra frame length will be invaluable.

davey8943

Flyingvan,

20-20 hindsight, I probably would have printed that out and brought it all down.

Mine was a little different, I didn't get a title from Florida, Indiana had to issue me a title. The other sticky part was that I bought the trailers in lots of 2. By just looking at the PIF invoice, there was no indication that there were sold in lots of 2. Long story short, I likely saved a little on the sales tax and paid a little on a late fee.

The DMV ladies were very nice and helpful, and it was really close to a wash. I didn't push it!

I guess I should have said:

"The date on the PIF invoice MAY only bite you at the DMV.."

Good to get state specific info on the forum, thanks for the details!

Dave

wsucougarx

The date on the PIF won't give you any troubles at the DMV. You will need to bring in your SF97 in the original envelope so you can show them when you actually recv'd the SF-97!!! My local DMV tried to throw down a late charge stating I didn't bring in the SF-97 within the required two week window. When I showed them cancelled stamp on the envelope from the USPS they said "Oh, OK it's not late now":roll:

oshpunit987

To get your paid in full invoice log into GL then click on my account then click check EUC status then click on invoices then click the event ID of the auction you just won then click the down load paid in full invoice number and there will be your invoice then print it. I don't recall them asking for mine either but if they say bring it it's best to have it. They guy who loaded me had a copy too. Good luck.

Scarecrow1

I brought every paper and even the pictures I had copyed and printed of every angle along with the original serial number copyed from the page at the time of auction . When you travel a lot of miles to pick it up leave nothing to chance ....

Unforgiven

Thanks for the info. One last question for you guys.

Do I have to get an SF97 & title it?

I was pretty much just planning to use it for parts. On the EUC I boxed "for intended use." I did that because I didn't want to be under the 30 day salvage regulation. If I chop it up (not the frame of course) for parts, will the government come knocking on my door looking for the truck back in a year? I didn't really want to title it. But I will if I have to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks