• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC (first time buyer) cleared in 14 days!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont feel bad, my first time i got saddled with 4 M101A3 trailers and they definitely did NOT go for opening bid.
LOL! I feel your pain!

That was great deal on the trailers!
I would like to see the pics when you get them.

Semper FI
While helping fellow member NoAccount by checking out his Deuce at Nellis AFB today, I was able to check out 4 of the 5 M105s I won. They are in GREAT shape, I can't believe my fortune! One bed looks like it is either brand-new or recently overhauled (that one's a keeper!). This may work out well after all...

Semper Fi!

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i envy you all im still trying to scrape some funds to bid on my first and only mv as my plans are to make it my b.o.v. camper. to keep it as simple as possible a job im thinking of eather a grabbing a rolling apparment box from a jumked civ tractor and tossing it on the frame. where the cargo bed would be. or b trying to find a used camper and gutting it for the parts to build one myself. now both cases i was thinking a 5 ton long bed or 2.5 ton long bed. any thoughts on a good model. im also going to be using the mutifuel option alot as diesel is 4.75 a gallon up here in rhode island. any guidance would be appriciated from auction sites to essential go pick it up to bring items. also ill have to drive my sport trac down to pick it up with my 2 daughters most likely in tow. so what tow system is allowed to drive it back home towing my truck behind us? what is the euc?
If you are looking for a B.O.V. then I'd suggest an M109 (6x6 with van shelter body mounted behind the cab). Get the multi-fuel engine, and there is a good thread going right now about running various fuels in Deuces in the Alternative Fuels section (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/alternative-fuels/71237-will-all-diesel-trucks-run-alt-fuel-alts.html).

As for what's required for a Rhode Island recovery, hopefully some of our local members in that area will chime in with help.

Good luck!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy crap, my second EUC cleared in 14 calendar days...submitted 6/9, sent to Battle Creek 6/14, Customer Notified (cleared) today 6/23. Not bad!

Now I gotta figure out how to fit 5 M105 trailers onto my 24-foot flatbed trailer.... :shock:

hwcurtice

I know I've been here for a bit, but do you have to submit an EUC for every item that requires one? Isn't the first one good enough? Or is there a time limit for them, on record?

What a PIT* this can be.... :deadhorse:

hmmm maybe buying somethings from a private party is looking better and better...

3dAngus

Submit an EUC for every event requiring an EUC. If you buy two items or more on one event number, you only submit one EUC.

No exceptions. Sorry.

Getting 5 M105s on one trailer like that they will have to be stacked. Just be sure to tie down the pintles well or they may start flopping, and your trailer might start going into oscillation, like at a point of resonance. I had to brake hard coming home this week from Ala. when a cum-a long broke and my pintle starting swaying. I was on I-75 doing 65mph and went into the shoulder, then the center lane. Thankfully, it was a rare exception where no one was around for 100 yards. A tractor trailer blowing by me may have helped the cause from the wind draft hitting my trailer, but the truth is, the equipment was old and probably defective. I still had about 7 other chains and winches holding two trailers down, so coming off was not the issue. It was the wildly fluctuating fishtailing of the trailer that almost made me lose it.

Nothing can move if you put 200 pounds of force on it when trailering something top heavy. Not even an inch. Be careful, and God Speed on your recovery.

Ripcord01

Holy crap, my second EUC cleared in 14 calendar days...submitted 6/9, sent to Battle Creek 6/14, Customer Notified (cleared) today 6/23. Not bad!

Now I gotta figure out how to fit 5 M105 trailers onto my 24-foot flatbed trailer.... :shock:
Count it as a blessing, They must like you. I have a few still out there in DOL land some where. Good luck on the recovery .

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting 5 M105s on one trailer like that they will have to be stacked. Just be sure to tie down the pintles well or they may start flopping, and your trailer might start going into oscillation, like at a point of resonance. I had to brake hard coming home this week from Ala. when a cum-a long broke and my pintle starting swaying. I was on I-75 doing 65mph and went into the shoulder, then the center lane. Thankfully, it was a rare exception where no one was around for 100 yards. A tractor trailer blowing by me may have helped the cause from the wind draft hitting my trailer, but the truth is, the equipment was old and probably defective. I still had about 7 other chains and winches holding two trailers down, so coming off was not the issue. It was the wildly fluctuating fishtailing of the trailer that almost made me lose it.

Nothing can move if you put 200 pounds of force on it when trailering something top heavy. Not even an inch. Be careful, and God Speed on your recovery.
I'm just glad that you were OK and nobody got hurt! Whew!

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, and yes, I've had things break on me more than once...that is why I like to build in my own redundancy, even on things that you wouldn't expect problems from. My luck runs contrary, and so I've learned to build in my own redundancy. If not, I'll surely pay for it.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The (5) M105 trailers are gonna weigh a total of about 14,000 lbs. ....Just a reminder.
I've got an 0800 appointment for next Tuesday July 5; I will make 2 trips since I only live about 20 minutes away from Nellis AFB. Better safe than sorry!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks