• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC over 60 days, auction cancelled!

BEASTMASTER

thats good old gl for you. ythey pulled that on my buddie,and said for a price they could reactivate the paperwork. he told them to s_ _ _ _ it. thats there way to get more money out of you i guess. i'd never deal with them .

JAYHAWK 1962

Are these your guys first euc? My first took quite a while, 57 days. My last two trailers euc pend 12/17 sent to bc 12/21 notified 12/29. Guess i am doing something right. Hope all goes well for the rest of you and hang in there i have felt your pain.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
not my first!:roll:

Last edited:

JAYHAWK 1962

Kinda makes you wonder, i was told by gl "that once you are in the system" there should not be any problems. Unless of course you have been arrested etc. As long as the euc form is filled out correctly and there are no changes it should not take too much time. Not that that helps much.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda makes you wonder, i was told by gl "that once you are in the system" there should not be any problems. Unless of course you have been arrested etc. As long as the euc form is filled out correctly and there are no changes it should not take too much time. Not that that helps much.

Other than the event/lot number I just copy my EUCs word for word from the previous one. I've done 12 this year and the longest was about 35 days. Most are within 10 business days and 1 was under 5. That's the 1 I believe went to BC the same day I submitted it to GL. Of course I'm now at 45 days and counting for my really pathetic shipper to get a 1010 from Minot ND to San Antonio, TX after GL forgot to tag it as needing an EUC.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After "live chatting" with GL, after the first 30 days passed, they said it looked like it had been almost a year since my last EUC. They said, I may have reverted back to "newbie" status, causing the long wait. One more reason(excuse) to buy more, more often!

cyruscat

My lost winning bid was on a truck and trailer at Hooks, TX.
After 60 days GL cancelled sale on me.

At 92 days I got the EUC letter in mail from Battle Creek, just a little too late!

I am watching for more Dueces to come up for auction in Hooks or Little Rock.

Better luck next time...........:twisted:

Cyruscat

sandcobra164

I guess I got lucky. My EUC (first one) took 58 days. I'm a Marine Corps Civilian with 3 years and before that, an Active Duty Soldier for 5 years with a clean background and for the last 8 years I've held a security clearance. I don't believe it's about your background, I believe they just take their sweet time working these EUC's. They probably do not much care about our hobby because they are probably not really into the same things we are. If I were running EUC's, I'd be hustling because I know what's at stake!!! But then again, I share the pride of the hobby, they don't.

jason@snakeriver

A friend and I both bought dump trucks out of the NG in Utah in Dec. We wanted to haul them togeather and split the freight.
He had purchased more recently than I and his EUC cleared within 2 weeks.
I had not purchased for more than a year and still waiting.
They say they want stuff out of there in 2 weeks of EUC clearance.
We called the manager at Hill AFB and asked if his truck could wait untill mine cleared, - and the typical responce - not no - but he-- no.
One tires of people on the tax payer payroll.

gerrykan

I made a pick up at Jeff City MO Jan. 13 and asked about 3 M109's on the back row. I was told they had holds put on them because of the gauges, but noone had yet showed up to check them. He made it sound like they had been sold already. I wonder if the gauge problem has anything to do with EUC hold ups on 2 1/2-tons?
That pick up was my fastest EUC yet.
Emailed Sunday 1/3/10
Sent to BC Monday 1/4/10
Customer notified Thursday 1/7/10

91W350

My SF-97 finally came in last week, purchased 9/24, picked up the first week in December (65 days) and finally, I can tag it!

armadillofz1

"The EUC for your Sale number 4663 was sent to DRMS for approval over 60 (sixty) days ago. As of today, no approval has been received, with no reason having been provided to us. Due to length of time with no response, we have cancelled out this sale, at no penalty to you, and will be returning the merchandise to our general inventory.

We appreciate your business, apologize for any inconvenience, and welcome you to bid on future Government Liquidation auctions not requiring an End Use Certificate.

"

does this mean you can't bid on anything requiring an EUC in the future?

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Cow..... this got my attention!

This is my first GL purchase. Just got my notice of EUC sent to B/C and figured I'll just wait it out, nicely reading the manuals, etc., but YIKES--- summery cancellations, 70-90-plus days waiting, and all just to find out it was for naught?

Let me see if I have this straight; if you haven't received EUC clearance letter after the 60 days and YOU DON'T contact GL, they may cancel sale at their discretion?

Whereas, if YOU DO contact GL after 60 days wait, (and no clearance) are you able to plead for more time?

Or, are you S.O.L. no matter what you do?

This EUC thing is just a background check, is that correct? If so, I have to wonder if ease of clearance has anything to do with a person's prior govt service or clearances, or some other govt purchases like DCM Garand, or...???

Is there no pattern or regional rhyme or rhythm to it?:idea:

Anyway, good luck to you there 820jeep

seacritter

Yep, in that same boat (so to speak). Sent to BC 4/22/2010, called a week ago and was told that it made no difference, even if you were ex-military. Today, I'm at 67 days... for a compressor...

cyruscat

I am back in line again waiting on EUC.
Started this thread on first truck that timed out with EUC.
Current EUC is at 30 days.

Funny thing on first try was that I received a letter from Battle Creek saying I had been reviewed for EUC about 5 days after GL refunded my money.

HA! Make you go nuts! :twisted::twisted:

Rumor is that after first EUC they go through faster...............

Good luck to everybody waiting in line for EUC!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks