• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC question - What do you think?

I was wondering if the fact that I hold a class A CDL with hazardous material
endorsement on it, and have to be electroniclly fingerprinted and pass the FBI
back ground check to hold this endorsement. Would that speed up the EUC
clearance any? I have not won any auctions that require submitting an EUC
yet, but I intend to in the near future. My guess from what I've heard is it more than likely would'nt help. What do you think? Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is it will have no effect. I also have a commercial license (no hazmat) and my first one, two years ago, took 4 1/2 months.

Why not go ahead and buy something cheap that requires an EUC and get the first one out of the way? A trailer, box of widgets, genset, etc.

After the first item is cleared the future items will be quicker. I have had some items take 5 days and some take 3 weeks.

Of course YMMV

My guess is it will have no effect. I also have a commercial license (no hazmat) and my first one, two years ago, took 4 1/2 months.

Why not go ahead and buy something cheap that requires an EUC and get the first one out of the way? A trailer, box of widgets, genset, etc.

After the first item is cleared the future items will be quicker. I have had some items take 5 days and some take 3 weeks.

Of course YMMV
That is an option! I might try to aquire an m871 trailer, thats something I want, and don't have to have it tomarrow, so it would be bad waiting on
the EUC to clear. That would make waitin for a truck EUC much shorter than
the current 9 week ave for new buyers.

Flyingvan911

I also put my cell phone number on the EUC. I live with my dad and our landline number is in my grandfather's name. My dad was a teacher so he never put it in his name to avoid prank calls by students. My cell is in my name.

I also have a Class A CDL. No credentials seem to make any difference. Average guy or top secret, it's all the same.

My EUC was sent in on 4-14-10. They are waiting on the demil pepers. With our third world infrastructure and complete lack of electronic data transmission in the US, no wonder it is so difficult to get a few sheets of paper across the country. rofl

mistaken1

I currently only have a cellular line. I have two homes so that just makes it easier than having two landline phones. I suppose its not possible to use a
landline say at my fathers home???
I am going to say if your landline and physical address do not match up that will just add delay. Then again I am not an EUC processor. Mine have been taking about 2 weeks.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a bunch of FBI background checks and the governent has my pic and my fingerprints (several coppies of each). I have to wait in line just like everybody else.

deuceiswild

I tried playing stupid and called GL to find out my status and was able to get in touch with someone at DLA level 2, they are the ones that actually process the Governments defense paper work. the gentleman was very curteous and kind but got no bump up in the line just the SOP monologue I got from GL. 60 Days STINKS! I WANT MY DEUCE!!!!

harleyrkc

If it makes you feel any better I've had everything from my currently held FFL to recently having clearance to drive a plated commercial vehicle on the zipper road along the run ways inside one of the nations most prominent airports. And I can say without any doubt that I'm at 29 days and counting on my EUC. aua

Chief_919

Nope. The retarded EUC proccess will continue, and the folsk who run it will guard thier jobs well top make sure it stays like it is.

Buy something cheap- like a 105 trailer, and send your EUC off for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks