European scrap - salvage yards and parts suppliers

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite unexpectedly I am going to the Netherlands with my better half and two grandkids for a few days. Time to also get some stuff for the M51. I was trying to find Van Dam's surplus yard. If you want to drool from a distance, check out this google map showing their yard. They have around THREE THOUSAND surplus MVs there.

DSC_0039c_resize.JPG

A Ward laFrance, notice the unique typical bent end of the boom. Interesting enough, I saw three similar cranes in Austria recently, two of them with the same large 4 on the door. Probably also former Swiss army.

DSC_0045_resize.JPG

I need some brake lines and connectors from this scavenged 5-ton.

Another Ahab

Quite unexpectedly I am going to the Netherlands with my better half and two grandkids for a few days. Time to also get some stuff for the M51. I was trying to find Van Dam's surplus yard. If you want to drool from a distance, check out this google map showing their yard. They have around THREE THOUSAND surplus MVs there.

View attachment 789372

A Ward laFrance, notice the unique typical bent end of the boom.
Interesting that the windscreen/ windshield of the one rig is single-piece and of the other (in background) is two-piece.

Wonder what that was about? Maybe just ease of assembly, or less expense in repair? Something else?

Does anybody know the story there?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I first thought the difference was between the M1 and the M1A1, but the three I saw in Austria and several on internet show, I think, both models with and without split window.

TehTDK

Truck Sealand in Padborg/Flensburg near the Danish/German border has loads of Danish Surplus MV's though only trucks

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the Netherlands, and am looking for some parts. Two front axle seals I have, set me back $20 a piece, good price I think.

Then I looked up Sindorf Trading again online, to check if they have spare parts. This is a good one to get frustrated on a rainy afternoon. Last time I mentioned them, only checked if the link worked. Now I checked further, turn out that clicking some things for sale open up another section. Have Fun

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks