• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant

Rezdeuce

Has anyone used Evans Waterless Heavy Duty Coolant in their deuce? I have used it in my race Utv and works good It was my first choice but I wanted to make sure I can use it in the m35a2c

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats some big $$$$ to use Evans in a deuce. If you blow a hose with the evans, the only thing you can refill with is more Evans. Not water, which is going to be more availible than Evans.

I doubt that evans stuff conducts heat as well as plain distilled pure water. Does anyone know if they make a coolant lube additive to add to distilled water for diesels for people who dont live in areas that freeze?

jaxsof

We railroad types use a water additive. All our engines are diesel, and it is a great rust preventative, too, but not an antifreeze!

Speedwoble

I doubt that evans stuff conducts heat as well as plain distilled pure water. Does anyone know if they make a coolant lube additive to add to distilled water for diesels for people who dont live in areas that freeze?
Says the guy in Antartica.... rofl

Yeah, I know you're only down there for a little bit.

wdbtchr

I don't know about running straight water in a big diesel, the SCA(supplemental coolant additives) to prevent cavatation along cylinder walls are listed for usage with antifreeze. It's too cold around here to run only water and you would loose the higher boiling point of antifreeze. I have no idea if SCAs do any lubricating at all, you might have to add separate water pump lube. I wonder if you might also need to add something to adjust the PH of the straight water to prevent corrosion.

I'd kind of like to know about this myself even though I will never be able to use straight water except maybe in an emergency.