• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Event at Red Oak Victory Ship, Richmond CA, 10/8, 11-4

ashyers

Event at Red Oak Victory Ship, Richmond CA, 10/8, 10-4

Hello All,
Andy here, I'm a member of the MVCC and am helping gather vehicles for a reenactment event at the Red Oak Victory Ship in Richmond CA. A link to the event's newsletter page and some common that may come up is below:

* Do you require a RSVP for the event? I've been told this may effect #'s because many decide to go at the spur of the moment. – Only for the food order for folks other than the vehicle owners / drivers; we order all the food by October 3; after that it’s byo. However, they can decide the day of; we have enough parking. Just would have to bring their own food. More info about the event and how to register is here.
* Do you have a particular era of vehicles you would like to see? – WW II, Korean War, Vietnam War are all good.
* How would you like to display the vehicles or have us use them? – There is a large dock area right next to the ship, so there is tons of parking, including under the Whirley Crane which is cool
* Are there any perks for us: Engine Room Tour (hint, hint), munchies, ... – Yes, the drivers / owners get free admission (but we accept donations since we’re trying to restore her J), and we ask that if they order food, they pay us $10 for the cost of the food. Engine room tour, full access to the ship, etc., is all free J Just let me know who wants to do what.

From what I can tell it looks like it will be a fun event and it would be great to get a large number of vehicles there. If you have any questions or are thinking of attending drop me a line.

Hope to see some of you there! :-D

Andy

Last edited:

ashyers

The event is closing in! Food orders are due by 10/3 :)!

Time to shake the trees, any of you guys thinking of heading out?

Andy