• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EVENT: D-DAY Adventure Park wants your feedback!

dctrack44

guys we will be open for camping on Friday Oct 1 -3. We have a 4x4 club that will be trailing and would be fun watching them climb. Looking forward seeing those who can make it with their MVs hanging out and enjoying OD :beer:

TerryandTerri

We have an M37, a '48 Willy's Rock Crawler, and a '48 CJ2A. We trail drive all the vehicles at D-Day and know every one of them. Allso climb with the Rock Crawler. We will be there to compete and trail drive with everyone. It is a great time when you can get a large group of vehicles trailing together at the same time.
Everyone should try to get there next weekend, even if you can't bring your vehicle, that's what the M37 is for - RIDES!

dctrack44

guys if you can not bring your vehicles please come anyway I have space in my trucks to ride and I am sure the others will have room too. like to meet those who have the same interest and enjoy the ride. I would be glad to give rides in the FV 432 and halftrack for those vehicles are wonderful track noisy smelling OD machines. weather will be nice & cool
for camping and I bet we can get a bon fire for great visiting Saturday night.
hope to see all.

TulsaME

It looks like I can make it. My current plan is to arrive around noon on Saturday with my M35. :driver:

Edit... Pre trip inspection revealed a leaking front axle seal on the M35. So I'll be bringing the M1009 instead. It's good to have options!

Last edited:

TerryandTerri

mv show at D-Day

hey, we will be there camping and playing. We know all the trails and make sure you don't wind up someplace you can't get out.
We will be there Friday night and ready to ride.
We have room in our M37 for those who don't have a vehicle to trial with. We have way to much fun when we get this thing loaded with people.
Come on down, it'll be a good time.

jasonjc

Well I got the M109 loaded up, front tire changed:twisted: at least it went flat here and not on the road.

So me and the GF are off:driver: to D-Day hope too see some one there, I hope:shock:

Will post up when we get back.

jasonjc

Well got too meet some fellow Steel Soldiers yesterday:beer: Did some trail rides:grin: Got to ride in a WWII M2A1 hafl track:grin::grin: Just missed the APC ride:(

Had 1 M35A2 , 1 M109A3 , 1 M1009 and 1 GAZ??

Lets Hope too see alot more next time.

A great time was had by all.

Dewayne is a great guy and he has the BEST place to have a rally any where. I hope to make this a yearly event. It could be the biggest and best one around with a little work.:beer:

Aswayze

I cannot express enough how great of a time I had down at D-Day.

The hospitality was first rate and the facility is absolutely the most MV friendly place you could possibly go. The network of trails Dewayne has out there offers an excellent diversity of opportunity for guys who want to get out and run their trucks in the dirt for a while. There’s trails out there that you could run a pristine restored jeep down and not worry about scratching it, there’s trails out there that you could run a 5 ton bridge truck down without getting hung up between trees, there’s challenging terrain for the guys who want it, there’s scenic terrain for guys who are looking for that.

The camp ground is VAST. I have shared that campground with 4000+ paint ball players in the past, let’s just say that it’s ****ed unlikely that you’ll have a hard time finding a good spot to park and camp even if you showed up with one of those massive Alaska land trains.

Brett and I showed up on Friday night and got up first thing in the morning on Saturday to do some quick brake work on his Gaz-69. After having to make a run into town to get parts and tinker with a few other things we were on the trail trotting around having a jolly old time. That little Gaz was quite the nice ride for that sort of thing. Unfortunately, the fun got cut a little short by fuel pump issues but the good news is there was no lack of other vehicles around to play in so we hardly missed a beat.

Lunch was some awesome Chili then back out we went for some rides around in Dewayne’s FV-432 tracks and then his Halftrack which was a very impressive machine indeed.

That night, we went out to a spot on the property where literally thousands of chimney swifts go swirling into a single section of upright concrete pipe to roost for the night. That was an amazing site to see indeed and only one of us got pooped on!

Dinner of Chili dogs was excellent and really hit the spot on the nice cool evening. .

The next day after a breakfast of sausage biscuits and coffee, we went out trail riding again and spent some time messing around with Dewayne and my PRC-77 radios before calling it good for the weekend and rolling on home.

It was nice to get out on a weekend and just have some fun for a change. All of you guys who passed on this opportunity should take note and make it a point to not miss the next one. I assure you, it is very much worth it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks