• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

events worth going to

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i was wondering what events this year within 500 miles of baltimore are worth the drive? my main interest is the m-35, don't need any parts, just looking to meet other crazy people.......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a smattering of places I plan on going this year, or events within 500 miles that, if I had time, I would go to:

Late Feb, 2008: Red Ball MV Rally, Jim Thorpe, PA
Early April, 2008: VA Steel Soldiers Rally, Harrisonburg, VA
Mid April 2008: Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot, West Point, KY (kinda far, maybe 550 miles, but worth the drive)
Mid April, 2008: MTA of NJ MV show, Augusta, NJ
Early May, 2008: Aberdeen MV show, Churchville, MD
Mid June, 2008: Haspin Steel Soldiers Rally, Laurel, IN (also slightly past 500 miles, but still great!)
Early August, 2008: Carlisle Truck Show, Carlisle, PA
Mid September 2008: Red Ball MV show, Gilbert, PA
Late September 2008? : Georgia Steel Soldiers Rally, Athens (?) GA
Early October, 2008: Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally, Joliett, PA
Mid October, 2008: Knob Creek MG Shoot, West Point, KY (yup, twice a year!)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: events worth going to

maddawg308 said:
Late September 2008? : Georgia Steel Soldiers Rally, Athens (?) GA

Thanks for the plug :beer:

Tom, we'd love to have you and/or your Deuce at the Ga Rally. Here is what this the 2007 event looked like:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15096

A formal date has not been set but it will be in late September or sometime in October and it will be somewhere in the North Ga. area (you can do a google search for Helen, Ga. and that will show you the general area). The Fall in the North Ga. mountains is gorgeous and so is the weather. T-shirt weather during the day and a sweater at night.

This year's event will be an expanded event, probably running from Thursday to Sunday. I found that this past year's event being Saturday and Sunday ended up really only being a Saturday event, because so many people had to drive a long way home.

There will definitely be camping, trail ride(s), cooking out and a swap meet this year and there may be some other stuff (classified; I am still working on it).

Anyone who has any questions about the 2008 Ga Rally is free to PM me with questions.

Thanks

C

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: events worth going to

Don't forget the Mass, NH, VT, RI and CT shows.. all good to go.. and now a rumor for one in Maine... go for it!! I have never met a MV show I could not like. NH club has two.. a flea market in March and the Weare experience in July.. All of these shows are advertise in MV and AM or SL.

halftrack

They are all worth going to. The question is whether or not do you have the time and money to afford it. You must pick and chose your battles wisely (at least that's what the wife tells me).

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well yes, i think they are all worth going to what i meant was just that 500 miles x 2 = 1000 = $350 in fuel so i must choose.........

YankeeDuece

Don't forget the "Wingwheelsandtracks.com" show in Cobbleskill, New York. Lots to look at: living history area, vending spaces, parade (65+ vehicles last year) and USO show on Saturday evening. Armed Forces weekend (weekend after Aberdeen).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks