• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever find anything interesting hiding in your CUCV?

nyoffroad

I found a Ft. Drum map in one of mine and an original brass lock with key for the steering wheel chain, another one I picked up in Ga. had a large steel ball (about 2") from some ball bearing. other than that nothing but dirt.

Barrman

I found a 1984 skating party invitation up under the dash on one of mine. I posted a picture of it here 12 or more years ago. We figured out it was for a rink in Flint and was “installed“ during assembly.

You never know.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a Ft. Drum map in one of mine and an original brass lock with key for the steering wheel chain, another one I picked up in Ga. had a large steel ball (about 2") from some ball bearing. other than that nothing but dirt.
Steering wheel chain? I didn't know that was a thing they issued. I had to make my own.

D6T

Not many hiding places in a m1008
HHC 1/181Infantry, MA Army National Guard, circa 1998…had the very last of the unit’s stakeback/troop seated M1008s heading to auction. Heading back from the DRMO yard (saved the best ones for last!) and I tilted the seat forward to find a bunch of new in the bag ECWCS parkas and some MREs.

LT smiled and we split the loot between us :)

niferous

One of those dollar coins the US introduced and never really caught on. I consider it a lucky coin for the vehicle. I also found a bunch of receipts for explosives. Mine came from an EOD unit in the Florida National Guard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks