• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EVER HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS

DEL03

:yeah: You really have never drove a duece before until you have gone throught the car loop to pickup your 6 year old all the kids ooglin and googling my sons jaw hitting the floor then pointing and screaming thats my truck thats my truck and the looks from the teachers

p/u son from school [^] [^] time spent

fuel to perform task $9.00

look on teachers face $100,000,000

look on all the kids faces

PRICELESS

all should try it was great :yeah: :roll: :hop: [^] :devil: :turn:

del03

cten

Yeah! You really have to love it. That is part of the reason why we bought the truck.

When I pick my son or daughter up from trumpet, piano, soccer, CCD or just going to the store to get milk.

They all think I'm crazy, but I can see the jealousy in their eyes.

Mainly because their wives said NO WAY!

Its just funny to watch the many looks on peoples faces or kids doing the blow the horn motion as your driving by.

There is not much military here in the northeast nevermind an actual army truck.

Regards,

JohnnyReb

My ten year old son had told his friends about the "deuce" and they did not believe him.......so the teacher agreed we could bring it for show and tell....

Let the kids crawl all over it (bet the moms weren't too happy about the grease stains :jumpin: ), but the kids loved it. Even had some of the older adminstrators come out and tell the kids about riding around in the back of a deuce during vietnam. Great time! [^]

ajg6989

I bought my deuce when I was still in the Army I used to get waved through all the check points or sometimes I would get asked for my dispatch. As soon as my unit found out I had a deuce they found me to unload all the closed out deuce parts and manuals they could get rid of.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do the school loop regularly. The kids are getting used to it now but watching them back up and cover their ears the first few times was priceless. My tractor turbo just screams at 1300 RPM. My own kids have always assumed every family had a deuce in the yard, they always have.

Opie

ajg6989:

"As soon as my unit found out I had a deuce they found me to unload all the closed out deuce parts and manuals they could get rid of."

You lucky son-of-a-gun! I've heard the tales of the Inspector General coming and all sorts of NIB stuff getting thrown away rather than letting it be found the unit had too many of something. I could probably "do the truck up right" with access to all of those discarded bits and pieces in the bottom of landfills.

Desert Rat

We had a study on my truck for class. Now you want to talk about the rest of the school being extremely jealous of our class! We measured the truck, I took pics. of the kids sitting in the driver's seat (I think three or four of them now have aspirations to join the motor pool now). We talked all week long about where the truck was built (South Bend) and the impact these types of trucks had on WW II and other wars, how far someone could drive the truck, how much it costs to fuel the truck, how much volume the truck can hold, how much weight it could handle both with and without a trailer, how long someone's legs need to be to reach the pedals and so much more. We covered teaching standards in math, science, social studies, reading and much more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks