• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever hit a Sub-Compact?

Mass Ownage

OK, so today was just getting on the ON Ramp for the interstate, I was on the throttle pretty good, my pump is turned up so I was dumping smoke, and an R-Tard in a MiniCooper runs the yeild sign and pulls out in front of me and stops. ALL 10 tires lock up. And as I lay on the horn, this guy flips me off and speeds off. aua

So my 2 questions are this:
1. What in the **** would possess someone to do this? :cookoo:
2. Has anyone ever hit a small car with a Deuce and how bad was it?

gunboy1656

My buddy who was in the reserves was going for their annual training one year, he was driving an M915, with a bulldozer on the bed (forget which model), and had a women pull out in front of him on an on ramp, hit her brakes. Well it decapitated the car, I will let your imagination finish the rest.

So far I have been lucky, and not had that.

And also compared to a deuce any car is a compact. :p

I should add, There was NO damage to the truck other then paint scrapes.......Until the tow truck driver removed the car from under the truck. A few days after he told me the story, he said the truck was still at the armory and gave me the bumper number and sure enough the bumper was still pulled out.

Last edited:

Lawrence of Arabia

When I was enlisted as a 63S, I went to 3rd shop with a 88M (might have wrong MOS, a truck driver), to pick up a Deuce and as we pulled out she drove into the outer lane and then back into the inner lane. When we arrived at the motor pool we were greeted by the MP's and a soldier witha lil white triump. The Triump had large black circle marks down the left side of it. We never felt or saw a thing. I was not the driver, so I found it to be rather funny.

Randy

I would like to apologize on behalf of this idiot. My other car is a Mini Cooper S, and I hope this incident won't cause you to look down (figuratively speaking) on small car drivers. Pulling out in front of heavy, fast moving iron = dumb. Then stopping = dumb x10.

Stan Leschert

Intelligence does not enter into this equation. They are patently stupid. That is a given. Any interface incident with them will entail a very long, and unhappy conversation with your insurance agent. Years of driving has taught me that the best plan is to avoid the morons, and let someone else have to do the inurance interrogation thing! I drive by and honk the air horn, while the tow truck tries to find all of their bits! Stupidity does have a price!

EZFEED

You live in Louisiana and you are asking this?????

Insurance of course, the fool probably thought he could make some $$$ but didn't figure his survivability in. This happens with my company all of the time and its usually those folks living in the ghetto who are fishing for it for drugs or whatever. I work for Halliburton and I cant tell you how many times people do this to our drivers in hopes of a fat lawsuit.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Answer to:

#1. A number of things come to mind: impatience and ignorance (which seem to run rampant in today's society). I have some other thoughts, but for sake of becoming political, I will refrain from sharing any further. However, these are the same folks who will attempt to beat the train through the grade crossing. It's all but a matter of time before natural selection catches up with them.

#2. Knock on wood...No. For the most part people around here have kept their distance. Example: I was waiting to make a left turn onto an on ramp a few weeks ago and the guy coming the from the opposite direction stopped dead and motioned me through even though he the right of way. I waived to him, snapped a salute and Charlie Miked.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Always thought it would be good to have a camera like a police windshield cam to capture it on film so you could sue the relatives.

As for the question, my father sub'd for a woman who had a 900 series 5 ton roll over her car. I know she was paralyzed but not sure if it is quad or para.

Some people have lead in their waterpipes others were vitamin deficient as kids. Causes them to be STOOOOOOOOPID. Regardless of the reason, they should not be allowed to breed.

Last edited:

srodocker

Some people have lead in their waterpipes others were vitimin deficient as kids. Causes them to be STOOOOOOOOPID. Regardless of the reason, they should not be allowed to breed.[/quote]

hrm that explains a lot to me for how i am....:deadhorse:rofl

shannondeese

I hate tail gators and have put a few in the ditch, I lightly tap my brakes to get thier attention and let them know to back off. If that doesn't work I stand on the brakes to "avoid the bunny" and then promptly laugh as they careen off the road into the ditch. One guy actually hit me in my Bronco. After I drove off of his hood I was glad to call the insurance and file a report. My custom rear bumper "home built from 1/2 steel plate" and custom paint "home garage painted" got scratched, so I got a check for a new paint job he got to get a new car. In general people are stoopid drivers. A few of my trucks even say "BIG AND SLOW GO AROUND" on the bumper.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well turning the car into a briefcase comes to mind if it were to happen. And I agree with the dash-cam idea. I'm just not sure what one would run but I'd probably invest in a helmet cam for airsoft and such then just mount it for travel.

dittle

I've had a few "test" their merging skills with me and my Deuce (I'm on the interstate, they are on the on ramp). Once they saw that I wasn't going to slow down or speed up (impossible in the deuce) to make room for them and that my tires are taller than their driver's windows (all they see is lugnuts through the glass) they decided not to merge but to slow down and wait until I passed. Air horn was used as well just to get my point across.