• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Everybody Back Home Safe?

Barrman

Kwai, Sermis and myself got back to Texas real early Sunday morning and to our homes between sun up and noon.

It was great to meet everybody that was there Friday. Sorry we missed out seing the Saturday arrivals. (Whoever was driving into Helen about 0800 from the South Saturday morning with a M35, Pinz and M62. That M62 sounded great when we passed you. What engine?)

Kwai's M35 made it to Houston without a stumble. 55 mph the entire way uphill, downhill and every other kind of terrain. All while getting almost exactly 10 mpg.

Mike, thanks for letting us sleep in your driveway.

Whoever told us about rolling up the windows and opening the windshield to make it cooler in the cab made our trip. It was about 80 degrees across LA during the night Saturday and that trick sure did help. I think it was Kenny that told us that, but can't remember.

CCATLETT1984

that's kenny's trick. it was nice to meet you all as well. I am currently in Cincinnati (at gimpy's house) We are meeting OPCOM and JWC for lunch before I leave for the rest of the trip home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool beans! I got in today at about 1500 after delivering the semi trailer that ADR sold. Was a great time. Glad you texans made the trip without problems. There was only one wrecker there and that was Rons M819 and it does sound neat.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looking for some pictures now that you are home safe and back in connectivity. Glad you all had a great rally and are home safe. Would love to attend one of these some day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
David, there is a seperate thread with pics. Multimedia or something in the title. You missed a good one but there will be more.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah Dave, we'll have to get you out to Haspin. Thats one that is great fun, and you can learn soo much from the other members.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I sure hope to wrap this Army life up some day, thing is if I make Colonel at the board next month I might have to stay a bit longer but my duece and M52 aren't going anywhere so when I finally do retire I plan on making the rounds. Sounds like I should be thinking about Biodiesel.... or find a contract like you have removing fuel oil tanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW4x4 made it home safe. Only one unaccounted for now is Devilman96. I've sent one text but it went unanswered. I'm assuming the closer folks from GA and AL are home safe too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the horn with Mike. He's in Live Oak at Matt's place picking up some parts and all is well!

poppop

Yes we made it home Sunday night at 8:00PM with no problems at all. The truck ran great there and back and I think got better fuel mileage coming home, but then its downhill all the way.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i made it home monday afternoon. we took the scenic route and didnt get in a hurry. no problems going home but getting there with 2 blow outs and a muffler problem that wreckerman and rick helped me fix in time for the super trail ride. we stopped my mhassets house and dropped his 2 chians off before going in. almost hated to pullin the drive. we sat down and ate some super peanuts poppop gave us. what a fun time we had TIm

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dman is southbound on the turnpike from Orlando right now. I'm going to meet him on the t-pike to fetch my trailer and he'll be home an hour later. Did we miss anyone?

poppop

Tim, glad you made it home safe and that you enjoyed the peanuts. Hows the Wife's back??? Hope she's doing OK. Really enjoyed meeting you and Thanks for the chain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks