• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Everybody gets a trailer.......

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bill,

I'm glad she's working out good for you, and yes, it was hard to see her go, when I registered my keeper truck, it was a toss up between your truck and the one I kept, the cooling problem, now fixed, in your truck, was the deciding factor at the time.

More pics please!

Ed

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cowboy, I noticed that truck in the pic with the crane on the back was set up to run on propane. How is it compared to gas price? I've wondered since gas has gotten so high if it would be cheaper to run propane.

cowboyflt

Propane is cheaper than gas by about a dollar/gal(roughly) right now, I think. I don't have a current price for propane, but that's been the spread pretty consistantly. If you can fill the tanks yourself, it works great. I've got a big tank & can, so it works well for me. Also, an added plus, is that the motor runs a bunch cleaner - oil hardly shows a change of color.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew propane was cheaper (we run it in forklifts around here) but I didn't know if what you gained in price-per-gallon that you didn't loose in fuel mileage. I have a way to fill tanks and was thinking about converting an old Chevy we have to propane. It's fairly easy to do on a old truck without electronics.

Sorry, I guess I'm getting a little off topic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks