• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Everyone wants one...

springer1981

I've seen a few done to different levels but none of them a refined and finished conversion. One didn't retain the transfer case and 4x4 due to length of drivetrain but I think I could. Also, they are all open top. I'd like to do a slantback with doors and a hard top, like the picture.

I wonder if the one you posted is 4x4 deleted?

Here's another one ... 2wd
H2.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our drive train only realistically allows a 22” or so shortening. Personally, I would never want a shortened version. Obviously opinions vary and there might be a market.

springer1981

And here's the non-photoshop version

View attachment 886166
The picture above has a longer rocker to extend the wheelbase for the drivetrain. In thinking about this I redid the photoshopped picture to increase the wheelbase while retaining the stock door size. I kept the overall length the same and that would move the rear wheels back improving the rear angle of approach.

Humjeep2.jpg

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The picture above has a longer rocker to extend the wheelbase for the drivetrain. In thinking about this I redid the photoshopped picture to increase the wheelbase while retaining the stock door size. I kept the overall length the same and that would move the rear wheels back improving the rear angle of approach.

View attachment 886579
Could you make an angled view, from the front? I'm trying to grasp the dimensions. Seems it would be more or less square. Sort of cool, the SmartVee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks