• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Evidence of recent engine use

blacktop_one

Looking at the pics of some of the auction trucks, I notice that some do not have the tell-tale greasy spot around the valve cover breather and oil cap. Would that lead you to believe that it has been sitting for awhile and has not been run recently? Seems logical to me or does it?

TexAndy

I'd open the cap and look at the top of the engine.

Another good sign would be to flip the accessory switch and see if you get a low air warning. Or go to the battery box and see what kind of pressure the batts still give.

wiggall

I have noticed in some of GL's adds that the truck running condition is unknown, but if you look at the photos some will show a haze coming out of the stack, gages restering something . ant the tac setting on 900 rpm's:!::idea::-D

OKCMoparGuy

The oil could be an indication of crankcase pressure......rings not sealing. Unless the rings are worn from dusting or a lot of miles they'll seat again.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be no leaks around either one of those spots. If there is evidence of dirt sticking to a film of oil at the CC vent of the oil filler cap, it means the gaskets/hose and cap are no good, maybe from being hard. That indicates lack of use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks