• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exchange Sale

DieselBob

Can someone enlighten me as to what a "Exchange Sale" is. I noticed on some GL lot's that there is a green box right above the red EUC box indicates

'"[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Exchange Sale: This lot is subject to specific Exchange Sale Terms & Conditions"[/FONT]

I have tried searching the GL forum and read through the "terms & conditions" on GL and can not find any explanation of the "Exchange Sale". Is this any different from the regular GL auctions ?

Thanks for any info.

stevegr

I called GL about this. They explained that this means they are selling items for a third party and that the items are not necessarily located on a military base.

DieselBob

Greg, I thought that might be the case but just couldn't find anything that explained it. Thank you for the info. Just wish I was closer to Florida. :(

PaulbusMax

I found the info buried in all that GL text, like stevegr said, basically GL doesn't own it, but is selling it. Shouldn't make a difference to us as buyers.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You must admit GL is brilliant. (This is an example) They sell an item for 100 dollars. The lot contains 8 items. They collect 10 dollars as a fee and maybe tax, depending on where you buy. Now the buyer says to GL, I want you to sell my items in the lot I purchased. GL sell the 8 items at 30 bucks each. They collect 10% from the individual who bought the lot on each item. GL has now made 10(original sale) + (8 x 3 secondary sale)=34 The seller made 240-100-10-24=106...

stevegr

You must admit GL is brilliant. (This is an example) They sell an item for 100 dollars. The lot contains 8 items. They collect 10 dollars as a fee and maybe tax, depending on where you buy. Now the buyer says to GL, I want you to sell my items in the lot I purchased. GL sell the 8 items at 30 bucks each. They collect 10% from the individual who bought the lot on each item. GL has now made 10(original sale) + (8 x 3 secondary sale)=34 The seller made 240-100-10-24=106...
Big businesses get all the breaks. A workin man like myself never gets the breaks like big businesses do.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the stickers on the pallet racking in the pics....... You might have to look at a few auctions worth of pictures, but it's there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks