• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust flow and sound question

NVRENUFF

I have the stock exhaust on my truck still and it only has a couple pinholes at the end of the tailpipes. It works and it's quiet, but I'm thinking about some sort of aftermarket mufflers. Anything from cherry bombs, magnaflow, maybe even glass packs. The stock mufflers have to be pretty restrictive. Does anyone have experience with aftermarket exhaust on these 6.2s? I'd like it to sound decent and of course a couple more HP is a plus.

richingalveston

you will only get a sound change. no more HP's. The stock air cleaner is more restrictive than the exhaust. You probably will not get any noticeable HP from an exhaust change. Putting a cold air intake and getting more air in is about the best you can do and even that does very little.
In the stock form GM is getting about all you can get out of the 6.2. It has dual exhaust!!!!

adding a turbo is the best bang for the buck however it normally means the engine goes bang sooner also.

just my 2 cents
Rich

Jozseph

I have the stock exhaust on my truck still and it only has a couple pinholes at the end of the tailpipes. It works and it's quiet, but I'm thinking about some sort of aftermarket mufflers. Anything from cherry bombs, magnaflow, maybe even glass packs. The stock mufflers have to be pretty restrictive. Does anyone have experience with aftermarket exhaust on these 6.2s? I'd like it to sound decent and of course a couple more HP is a plus.
No More Exhaust Myths - /ENGINEERED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWTARjxiqlo

In my opinion an excellent video.

Regards

Joseph

NVRENUFF

No More Exhaust Myths - /ENGINEERED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWTARjxiqlo

In my opinion an excellent video.

Regards

Joseph
Good video. All my other vehicles for the last decade have had magnaflow exhausts. Can't beat the flow they have. Back in 2001 I went from a 3" glass pack on my 2000 silverado to a 3" flow master 40 series and lost .7 in the 1/8 mile. Swapped to a 3" magnaflow and gained the .7 back while keeping the truck quieter. Been using magnaflow since. Just not sure I care to spend that much money on this old diesel.

CUCVLOVER

My truck had the stock duals when I got it. The huge mufflers really choked it back so I had 2.5 inch true duals with no mufflers put on the truck. It sounds awesome and I did get a little pep out of it.
It may be to loud for some but I love the way it sounds, I have driven all through towns and never gotten fussed at by the cops.

NVRENUFF

That's a little louder than I want, I'm getting old. Lol. I think 2.5" pipes and some high flow mufflers would be a good increase. Or maybe bring them into a y pipe and single 3" out.

I really like that bed you have on there!

CUCVLOVER

That's a little louder than I want, I'm getting old. Lol. I think 2.5" pipes and some high flow mufflers would be a good increase. Or maybe bring them into a y pipe and single 3" out.

I really like that bed you have on there!
Thanks.
It's a C&M bed, all steel, with the gooseneck ball also.
The truck is loud but when your in the cab running down the road it's not bad. I used a phone to record that video so it's not the best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks