• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exhaust fumes in cab

reblawyer

My deuce seems to accumulate exhaust fumes in the cab. its not strong, just an odor of diesel burn, goes away when I crack one of the front windows. I don't remember this from the trucks I drove for Uncle Sam, is anyone else experiencing this?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
how is your J pipe? Mine is rusted out and it blows some exhaust down which definately invades the cab if I'm not moving.

poppop

Any leak under the hood will find its way into the cab. When my M813 blew the muffler on a long trip we had to run with windshields cracked open and door windows open just to stay in the cab. Taped up all cracks and stuffed rags in holes and it still got in. You could find all the air leaks by the soot stains.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I used to get alot of blow by fumes from the crankcase vent tube. I siliconed up all the little unused holes on the firewall and added the shifter boots, it helped alot. I plan on running the vent tube back into the intake canister to make my truck more environmentally friendly.

JRBAMATEX

Same here. I get the blow by fumes from the crankcase vent tube and they used to come into the cab pretty significantly. But I made shifter boots for the tranny and transfer case and sealed up all the little holes that I could including making gromets for the pedals and an additional cover for the master cylinder hatch and its almost livable now. With just those changes I can sit in the cab with the windows rolled up and the heater on without rolling down the road and the fumes are only just barely noticeable.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Bjorn made up a canister so that the slobber tube could vent in there, and the oild would remain in the can, the fumes then going up to the air filter.

FreightTrain

Banned
Dang.How much blow by do you guys have?I can sit there and beside the passenger side of the engine and have to concentrate to see anything comming out of the Slobber tube and then it just kinda floats out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks